Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

MAAM Free files broken links

I'm looking for the MAAM-SIM D-Day C-47 'Skytrain' and Dakota Mk III Expansion Pack and other free

files. The MAAM site offers a link to them which is directed at the Flightsim.com library. The links to

Flightsim.com (from the MAAM site) appear to be invalid at Flightsim.com. The files on my installation

disk are dated 2004 so I beleive that the files I'm seeking are not present (on my disk). Please tell me

where I can "MAAM-SIM D-Day C-47 'Skytrain' and Dakota Mk III Expansion Pack" and the other free

files that are listed on the MAAM web site..

Many thanks,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Hi Ken,

Drat! Looks like Flightsim.com has changed their library links. I don't know if and when I will find the time to try to track down everything and re-link it all, if it is even possible with their present arrangement. You should be able to find the files by searching their library using the file name, title, or just some key words. In the case of the D-Day pack, you want the filename c47maam9.zip.

NOTE: The D-Day pack is included on R4D / DC-3 / C-47 5th Edition CD's, produced after June 3, 2005, all subsequent editions, and the Download Version of the package.

If you don't have the D-Day pack, you will probably also want the C-47 Skytrain & Dakota All Theaters Expansion Pack, filename c47_at_9.zip.

NOTE: The All Theaters Pack requires prior installation of the D-Day Expansion Pack if your R4D/DC-3 CD is 4th Edition or older. Newer CD's and the Download Version include the D-Day pack. The All Theaters pack is included on the 9th Edition and subsequent R4D/DC-3/C-47 CDs and the Download Version.

For the MAAM produced files, such as these, I will try to upload them to our own server and re-link them. I can't do that for the hundreds of liveries produced and uploaded by third party repainters, though. (the keyword "maam" yields 362 files and "maam-sim" gets 323), so you'll have to do a search for these. You can also search the AVSIM library, of course, which has 290 MAAM-SIM files.

Happy hunting!

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Thank you for all the info and tips Bill. By searching Flightsim.com for the specific flienames I was able to find / download the

most important ones that you mention. Also as you pointed out, Flightsim.com and AVSIM offer many, many liveries. I've

wanted to check out the Vietnam era AC-47 "Spooky" gunship paint which requires installation of the D-Day pack (which I now

have). Also found the auto-lean mod I was looking for on Flightsim.com :smile: The hunt has gone very well, indeed.........

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman