Hi there,

Currently have a 9800GT. Am thinking of upgrading to a 660GTX.

Is this a worthwhile upgrade? Do you recommend a better card other than 660GTX.

I do notice a lot of lag when I'm on the ground.

Other specs;

i7 920 @ standard clock speed.

6GB Ram.

Asus Motherboard

Thanks.

James,

Congrats to your first post here.

Yes that 9800GT of yours is holding you back in many scenarios. The GTX660 and upwards will firstly remove that bottleneck and secondly enable you to use a lot higher IQ AntiAliasing.

You are however also held back a lot by your CPU, but learn how to overclock it. Together with a GTX660 and I guess a new CPU cooler It'll give you a lot of extra performance for your money and the cooler and the GPU could be carried over to your next build as well.

I assume you are not sitting on a Dell computer or similar that doesn't allow bios overclocking.

Thanks Long-time lerker, first time poster :). I plan to Overclock tonight, on a Asus P6T board and have read that overclocking on that chip is very good.

Will give that a bash tonight. Reading around the forums most people are going for the 660TI, for an extra £50 I'm wondering if it would make that much of a difference on FSX.