Sign in to follow this  
mhazy

Camera view help

Hi

hope someone can help here.

Im trying to create a view of my instruments in a small window on my extra screen

I just cant seem to figure how to do it.

iv'e read instructions, checked forums, but still stuck.

what i do is put the view i want on my fsx, click on add camera in opus, name view, and all is well i can get this view every time i want it by just clicking on the name,

now heres the problem, if i move the view onto a second screen then that seems to become my main screen, in other words my main screen is a blank fsx, and i cant get any views to show in it. the only view i have is on my second screen

any help would be great

thanks

mike

Hi Mike

Are you saving it as a windowed view? Have you gone through the documentation regarding windowed views in the Live Camera guide? It is essential to read the manual here since one wrong step and it doesn't work, we have had to jump through hoops to get it working in FSX.

Regards

Cheryl

Hi

ive read the manuals, saved as a window view tried everything i can think of.

it seems although i make a new window and save it, this window is fine, but if i want to change the zoom etc in this window using opus i cant, only the main window changes.

I know you have done the mauals but i just cant do it. can you help me at all?

i understand if i use another pc networked i can do this, but i want to use the same pc just with a new screen added on, so i can make a new window of instruments, move them to the new screen, and leave the main fsx view as per normal on my main screen

please tell me how to do it

thanks

mike

You must read the Live Camera manual very carefully. Windowed views can only be created by adding CameraDefinition(s) to the aircraft.cfg file(s). You must read the manual and understand this. The manual also informs you about all the limitations within FSX. It is for these reasons why you have to edit the view in the main window (that is the only place where the software can alter anything, the eye position, the zoom, anything). So you configure or edit the view with it displayed in the main viewing area, then when you Save All Cameras, the LC updates your aircraft.cfg files. Then you must force FSX to reload this file by selecting a different aircraft and returning to your original aircraft. You must repeat this process each time you make any changes and save the views.

It is also impossible to dock and undock the Windowed views once they are displayed. You must do this manually. You can use the Save and Restore Win buttons to help return a view to a known position and size. Again it is best to read and re-read the manual. Its complex because there are no facilities within FSX to help make it easy.

Considering the above I am not too sure what you mean by Opus changing the zoom. The zoom settings are only modified whilst editing views. After a view is displayed it is FSX that provides any additional zoom actions using the standard FSX keyboard and mouse controls.

Regards

Stephen