Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Anyone gotten any of the 10.000 hours rewards in FSX?

Anyone gotten any of the 10.000 hours rewards in FSX?

If you did fly FSX as a full time job it would take you 4-5 years just getting one of these rewards. Seems to me this would be impossible for most simmers since they reinstall FSX ever so often, not to mention the continued upgrading of harware in a futile search for the ultimate smoothness... :)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Computer crashes wouldn't allow me....... I just lost 3500 hours last week and 3 years back I lost 2000+ my bad...... I should of made a frequent backup for the record but I always forget

I was fighting to get the 1000 hours of night flights and 5000 hours over all :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I keep my logbook on a spreadsheet, too many horror stories of FSX crashing and wiping out the FSX logbook.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I keep regular backups of my log book. Just make a copy of the Logbook.BIN file in My Documents/Flight Simulator X files. You might want to occasionally back up GrantedRewards.bin in the C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

There's a log book?

It's under "Pilot Records" on the main FSX screen.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I made it to 8400 hours and FSX had to be reinstalled -_-

This should be the dictionary definition of "Gutted"

Indeed, especially if it was sailplaine hours ;) 8400 hours. I don't think I've got that many combined since fireing up my first sim, Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer, 25 years ago...

I feel yor pain Chris! :)

Seems to me this would be impossible for most simmers since they reinstall FSX ever so often

You can copy your rewards and log and put them elsewhere before doing a reinstall. Did it few months ago and maintained my records which i was pleased about. But no i have'nt reach 10.000hrs. Not even near.

Kind Regards

Simon.

You can copy your rewards and log and put them elsewhere before doing a reinstall. Did it few months ago and maintained my records which i was pleased about. But no i have'nt reach 10.000hrs. Not even near.

Yep, but I learned that too late... :) And I never bothered to do so since I thought FSX would have been replaced by FS11 a couple of years ago allready.

:LMAO:

Indeed, especially if it was sailplaine hours ;) 8400 hours. I don't think I've got that many combined since fireing up my first sim, Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer, 25 years ago...

I feel yor pain Chris! :)

Thanks for feeling me I guess? Lol. I had worked really hard for all those hours, too bad I never saved the logbook :sad: Oh well

FS2004 Forever

I do not use the default log book. Some of my flights are "fun" flights when I don't have the time for full realism (in non-PMDG aircraft of course). A good log book becomes too difficult to maintain when you have to end flights due to computer issues or reinstallation issues.

When I put Windows 8 on my laptop and instilled FSX, I found that my logbook had been updated and I could go back as far a 2007 and this on a clean drive.

When I put Windows 8 on my laptop and instilled FSX, I found that my logbook had been updated and I could go back as far a 2007 and this on a clean drive.

Noooo way Mark...... You must have had the logbook stored on a remote drive / cloud drive or something else...

What your saying is physically impossible isn't it?

FSX Doesn't have any sort of login or user account system, unless your using some sort of logbook add on that saves it elsewhere?

Oh, and don't you have a happy picture, one with you smiling maybe?

No offence mate, you look really unhappy in your avatar pic...