Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

64 Bit beta in the burner now...

...should be out "Real Soon Now" as per Ben's post. FYI

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

WOOOO--HOOOO!!!! :Big Grin:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I am curious about 64 bit and the challenges the team has undertaken. Did the art have to change or just recompiled? Just curious where most of the work for this needed to be focused on?

Bob

There was mention that autogen and other items would get improvements with the release (*either concurrent to, or shortly thereafter) of the 64-bit version.

With the testing extending to the art people (*or person, considering how absurdly small their development budget is), this is good news and might (*might) mean that the scenery is getting a little kick in the pants.

Here's to hoping...

-Greg

Wow, I didn't think 64 bit would be out for a few more months. Rob

Great to have it out. The real challenge will be getting all the developers over to 64-bit with plug-ins.

We're working on the transition at X-Aviation, but I have noted a few devs having issues and concerns going forward. I won't make mention of them out of respect, but it's important that everyone understand not all of your add-ons will work on day one or possibly near it! No doubt, however, this is a big step in the right direction for people who have been running out of memory (scenery folks and OSM road users).

Founder of X-Aviation

Great news indeed! I'm really hoping for the ugly distant scenery visibility issue to be fixed.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

:Big Grin: I think I've hit the "Update X-Plane Now" Button over a 1000 times in the last 12hrs :Big Grin: LOL

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

the ugly distant scenery visibility issue to be fixed.

+1

That is one issue I'm hoping it gets fixed.

:Big Grin: I think I've hit the "Update X-Plane Now" Button over a 1000 times in the last 12hrs :Big Grin: LOL

Check Ben's blog, he will post here when 64 bit public beta is ready.

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Great news indeed! I'm really hoping for the ugly distant scenery visibility issue to be fixed.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

going 64bit will not fix FPS or Scenery issues like the article said, it's just going to improve stability