Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

64 Bit beta in the burner now...

On the other hand, 3pds will have a lot of hard work adpating their products to the new platform... I'm looking for a stable version around 10.40, and it would be great to have it with those flight dynamics problems fixed as well.

I believe 10.20 will be an experiment, then 10.30 will certainly move further in the area of autogen and maybe a few features long requested (a solution for seasonal textures would also be great, and more cloud types also very good...).

By 10.40 3pds will probably have found their way accross the new platform and, from there on, stability will approach until we hear about X-Plane11, and 10.70 becomes the latest 10 version...(?)

Until then, I am busy:-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On the other hand, 3pds will have a lot of hard work adpating their products to the new platform... I'm looking for a stable version around 10.40, and it would be great to have it with those flight dynamics problems fixed as well.

I believe 10.20 will be an experiment, then 10.30 will certainly move further in the area of autogen and maybe a few features long requested (a solution for seasonal textures would also be great, and more cloud types also very good...).

By 10.40 3pds will probably have found their way accross the new platform and, from there on, stability will approach until we hear about X-Plane11, and 10.70 becomes the latest 10 version...(?)

I is confuzzled. :wacko:

Did you sell your copy of Xplane or no?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just curious HiFlyer, what is your relationship to Laminar or that of the developers? It seems like you are either speculating or may be providing some inside information. At least that is my take on your post.

That blog entry on what 64bit does not is hilarious.

Every time I start up the left engine of the KX-1000 turbojet, rain appears on my right windscreen. I hope 64-bit fixes that!

So so true at times! :lol: Thanks for linking to the blog.

It won’t bring world peace. For that you need 128 bits.

:lol: I should buy a second copy just for the humour of those folks.

Did you sell your copy of Xplane or no?

The prospective buyer gave up because I could not make the add-on payware aircraft available for him without giving away my credentials, and that wouldn't be a good idea... I understand that the bargain would be for the complete set for €40,00, and this way he would receive only X-Plane Global and the OSM Scenery areas I already had, plus a few add-on freeware aircraft, but none of the payware... I understand his position of course, specially because there are certainly going to be updates available after the 64bit version get's out...

I kept X-Plane10 for me...

Then, while I do not have any special relation with LR (and those considerations above in this thread are simply conjectures on how I believe things will evolve...) other than posting here and, from time to time, exchanging email messages with Austin, I do try to explain him my ideas / thoughts / wants, and I was very happy with the last answer I received from him, regarding the possibility of some fxes / additions when they get the 64bit version stable...

This being said I should point out that I am really enjoying Aerofly FS. It's probably the sim I am spending more time with, then MS FLIGHT (started almost every day for the AoTD) , and also FSX, because I got back, after a few years away from it, into some beta testing work again for that platform... OTOH X-Plane10 is still the platform I really believe in and hope for in terms of future, and I couldn't avoid trying the C337 :-/, an airplane I had the chance to fly in many times while serving with the Portuguese Airforce during the early nineties...

There is certainly a big difference between the FSX and X-plane versions I have when it comes to proper engine operations... X-Plane being a lot more close to the real figures / procedures than what we get with any prop aircraft in FSX (the leaning bug, the power bug, etc... make it rather difficult to operate reciprocating engines in MSFS properly... by the book). I love the weather themes in FSX aided by AS2012 and CumulusX! for soaring...

MSFS aircraft don't definitelly feel on-rails... I had quite a bumpy ride with the Flight1 PC-12 one of this days, using RW Weather injected through AS2012... But! I love that night lighting in X-Plane10, and in some aspects even the way weather (at only the METAR level) get's translated to X-plane10. OTOH I would really like to have winds aloft and temperatures at various flight levels / altitudes in X-Plane10 too, and a much more diverse set of cloud types... and fog!!!!!

I hate the AI in X-Plane10, but I really like even the default one in FSX, and the nice and realistic sensation of approaching an airport at night in FSX with traffic set to medium levels... Pretty much what I see from my office window in LPPT :-)

I love the scenery and the flight dynamics in Aerofly FS, the way weather is modelled, specially for soaring, with aspects I couldn't yet find in any other sim....

And, I am still seriously considering DSC p-51... It really looks great, and should feel great too... If only they modelled a civilian aircraft....

Well, ELITE I gave it away for a while to a friend who just got his ATPL, and uses it for IFR proficiency before the checkrides...

Even more confused HiFlyer :-)

I am... :-|

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...