Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

AMD FX 6300 For those who care

Yes I bought one, nice and cheap. Last CPU was a 1090T at 4.1 Gig NB at 2800, hew CPU, is a bit of a enigma. Took time, have it at 4.4 Gig stable, but NB is a butt on these, currently at 2300. They have a lower TDP but when overcloking it can get high. Be nice if AMD do a rework on these they can improve. As fos FSX, at YSSY my test airport, frame rates are higher and much smoother even n my turboprop at speed

Could you do the FSMark please. I am looking at replacing my CPU and hence I have the AM3+ board I am looking at the FX series which I shall get in mid december here in India.

Would have upgraded to an Intel but it will turn out more costly and I am happy with my 960T it runs FSX pretty well. But need an upgrade now.

Awaiting the results. What is the fps you are getting @YSSY and what are your settings ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think the only advantage these have over the Phenemons is the overclocking speed although they are no that good. I picked the 6300 assuming it would overclock better,. Speed wise i should get 3.5 Gig but i would need to up teh volts and its not worth teh extra 100Meg. The NB bus is what made the phenemons a good chip, most would do 2.8 gig some 3 if you pushed them and thats made them fast. The Vishhers chips suck as far as NB goes, have mine at 2.3 i am going to wait to the weekend before i play any more but i would like to see 2.4. Performance wise i dont think it would make that much of a difference. If i could get 3.8 or 3 these would really do well, but it has being a struggle though sopme have reached 2.6 with lots of volts. Otherwise it does seem much smoother in FSx probably because of the CPU speed, YSSY now jupms from 15 to around 22 or so up a little from before buch now doecnst stuuter at all. More playing on the weekend. For me bench marks dont mean much. Its what happens in game that counts.

well the Vishera cores are still bad on a single thread, That thing should pull 4.4 gigs easily at 1.4v as the overclocking of the BD and PD is suprisingly good.

I am not asking for a benchmark on the PC but most of the members just want the FSX performance, you could skip it though.

What are your settings like ? are you using Bojotes tweak ?

What's your mobo ?

If the Vishera is good with FSX than i am ready for a pre-order , just awaiting your results.

Thanks.

Out-of-box 3.5 to 4.1ghz and 6 cores,very nice. Anand did a review, reports the FX4300 achieving 5ghz stable ("with minimal effort").

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Out-of-box 3.5 to 4.1ghz and 6 cores,very nice. Anand did a review, reports the FX4300 achieving 5ghz stable ("with minimal effort").

http://www.anandtech...d-fx4300-tested

It maybe a good overclocker but FSX needs good IPC that's what the Vishera lacks.

Dont discount it. I have already seeing a huge performance increase in FSX. I did a low leve flight, 100 Ft in a chopper. in Perth with road trafiic, Ai plane Orbx scenery lots of auto gen at 140 kts in chopper. No a single stutter, not flashing,, smooth as a babies b. Than i went and buzzed AI planes taking off at YPPH still no stutters. I have never seeing it so smooth. As for Bojotes tweaks. A good starting point but they dont work for every one. I have one final issue to discover. Occasionaly when flying to certain scenery.I get huge pauses, The GPU usage falls then all of a suddenit smooth again as if it clearing out and reloading something. HAs same issue on 1090t too. Well more tweaking to do but at least its smoooooooth,

Asrock 990FX Extereme 3 Motherboard

But what is the FPS you are getting ? The buildings tend to be heavy on the CPU.

even in Sydney which is usually a killer for me because of teh ORBC autogen im getting 30. its only when i get near the airport i get slight dips. But FPS isnt important is smoothness. If you have 100FPS and game is stuttering its no good. much better to be 20FPS and smooth

So you are pulling almost 30 fps with max settings and orbx? Are you using Rex / Ground enviroment and other addons ?

I have ORBX for Australia, WOAI, lots of love my AI and I use FSXRWX fre for my weather with some addon clouds. I also have Scenery for UK next test Heathrow. And i have my frames locked.

I have ORBX for Australia, WOAI, lots of love my AI and I use FSXRWX fre for my weather with some addon clouds. I also have Scenery for UK next test Heathrow. And i have my frames locked.

Though you have the frames locked what is the minimum it's dropping to ?

I wil have to do more flying. It used to spend a lot of time in YSSY around 10 to 15 now its mostly at around 25 and accaionaly drops to 15 or so. But as i said i iwll have to do more flying to confrim. Messed around with NB last night,it doesnt seem to have the drastic affect it had on the phenemons. Mind you im struggling to get it to 2400. More testing to do.