Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

What happened to the MAAM announcement post?

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) The reason that Russ and Bill haven't published it is because the exchange contains a written restriction from Roy prohibiting them from doing so (...)"Ah, I see. Very clever. So it's Roy's fault that Russ and Bill cannot show us their major piece of evidence they keep referring to. Yes, very clever. And very convenient.Jaap Verduijn.

Hey how much is Roy paying you anyway?

Guest IanP

Jaap,I had kind of hoped you would surprise me there. You haven't.You are not interested in this discussion, you are just here to cause trouble and have a debate, about what you don't care.Go and join a debating club and stop wasting everyone in this forum's time.Ian P.

Guest Feek

>"(...) The reason that Russ and Bill haven't published it is>because the exchange contains a written restriction from Roy>prohibiting them from doing so (...)">>Ah, I see. Very clever. So it's Roy's fault that Russ and Bill>cannot show us their major piece of evidence they keep>referring to. Yes, very clever. And very convenient.>>Jaap Verduijn.The word 'troll' has sprung to mind.The above poster appears to be totally uninterested in the actual debate and is very obviously only interested in causing trouble.You have asked time and time for the agreement. The problem is that Roy Chaffin has specifically restricted publication of it and the only response you have is a sarcastic one liner. To answer your comment. Yes, it is Roy Chaffin's fault that Russ and Bill will not publish the agreement. The two gentlemen are honourably sticking to an agreement that was made between themselves and Roy. To quote the email I have from Bill. "If RC wants to agree to their publishing, I'll be delighted to post them. The agreement in question is all contained in an exchange of e-mails, all of which I have copies of."K.

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Bill, good to see you here!Will you take a small bit of advice from a bloke who for several days now has been acting as the devil's advocate and who, on account of that, is quite likely on the verge of being addressed as "Simon" and kicked off this board (wide and wicked grin)?! Let the whole issue cool down and remove the MAAM statement from AVSIM, for it's totally counter-productive and does MAAM more harm than good. Get in contact with Gosta of this forum, he's a sensible magistrate who can point out to you the way to internationally sue without it costing you an arm and a leg, according to Gosta it really is pretty easy and cheap. As a very satisfied user of the MAAM R4D and Briefing Time (and, I do not hesitate to admit, the RCS B-25... evil grin!) I would like the real MAAM planes to fly on and the sim-planes to keep comimg, but honestly, the way this whole issue was handled has made my hair stand on end. Which isn't to difficult anyway, with a crew cut...Everything posted on the issue by or on behalf of MAAM, has raised more questions than it answered, and in fact often raised outright suspicion. At least with me, on account of having a bad character AND a hearty lack of trust in human goodness, which together make for a quite interesting combination. Bill, if you can PROVE Roy stole, then SUE! If you can't prove it, then cut your losses and stop digging your own grave. Again, Gosta has informed us here that suing "across ocean" isn't that difficult and expensive at all, so it won't prevent you from buying and enjoying your sailing boat!But raising a stink in the hope the other party will take the bait, will only backfire on you. In fact it already does, according to some postings here and elsewhere, saying something to the extend of "I can't even HEAR the words MAAM or RCS anymore". Time for damage control, Bill. Get drunk, paint the town red, wake up with a majestic hangover, spent a day in bed sorrowfully muttering to your hungover self that the world knows no justice for a Vietnam veteran and nearly-retired cop, and then move on. I mean: gather the crew around you and make us the next add-on that I and many others will gladly donate our money for, so that all those bloody engines can be finally bought! Lemme hear the sound of Pratt & Whitneys and Wrights! And let others dig their own graves, instead of you digging yours. Be well, mate!Jaap Verduijn.Edited by me in order to put "ly" behind "sorrowful". J.V.

Ian, you wrote "I had kind of hoped you would surprise me there. You haven't.You are not interested in this discussion, you are just here to cause trouble and have a debate, about what you don't care."I concur. I sense a troll of the worst kind...

Guest jaapverduijn

I am implying that MAAM (and AVSIM) are handling this issue in the worst possible way.Jaap Verduijn.

One of the contentions of the MAAM-SIM group is that RCS used bitmaps from the BETA of Briefing Time that was shown at MAAM during World War II Weekend last year. A BETA that was in possession of all parties, and which was done with Bill Rambow's bit maps.AVSIM, in the person of our Tech Guru, Matt Johnson, has compared some of the images from the BETA with those of RCS' B-25. We'll let the results (pretty much) speak for themselves.This page has large images on it. Be patient. If you end up with "x's" in some image areas, reload to get them all to display.We present this analysis for your consideration.Here's the link:www.avsim.com/pages/0503/maam/avsim_ana.shtml

That's BS.. you are doing anything but. And yes, if I hadn't checked your IP, I would be thinking you were Simon. But I will tell you Jaap, you may think you are being a devil's advocate. I think you are simply trolling. I won't allow it to continue much longer, believe me.

It's amazing what you miss when you only stick to the FU3 Forum :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest WorkingStiff

Tom,Is there a reason why posts in a specific thread aren't numbered?In a thread this long it is very difficult to follow the conversation without thread-specific numbering of posts. There is a message number that that apparently refers to all the posts in the forum. In some posts, there's a line that reads "In response to Reply #xxx" but its impossible to tell which post is reply #xxx without clicking on the hyperlink.

Guest jaapverduijn

You REALLY checked my IP in order to see if I were Simon? Man, you should wash your fruit before you eat it!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest ha5mvo

I for one think that Jaap has a valid point that no one has yet to answer (namely the EXACT nature of the agreement between RCS and MAAM-SIM).It is nice and refreshing though, to see the balanced and unbiased stance of our hosts.Especially in light of the fact that they are selling the MAAM product in thir store.regards//Mike V