Sign in to follow this  
Carob

SkySpirit CRJ1000

Hello.

I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question for me regarding the SkySpirit CRJ1000 for FS9. It seems that after downloading and installing I am not getting the correct panel. It looks like I am getting the default 737 panel instead. There are however the two additional POSKY util items in the FS9 pull-down menu but there is are no buttons for them anywhere. Not to mention that the panel itself doesn't look right.

I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly but obviously something is not right. Does anyone know perhaps what might be going on?

Thanks!

I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question for me regarding the SkySpirit CRJ1000 for FS9. It seems that after downloading and installing I am not getting the correct panel. It looks like I am getting the default 737 panel instead. There are however the two additional POSKY util items in the FS9 pull-down menu but there is are no buttons for them anywhere.

The Posky Utility panels are hidden by default. Run through the different Shift + num (1-9) to find them. I agree, the default 737 panel leaves a lot to be desired. There are some reasonably good CRJ panels around as well as a payware CRJ panel by SkyDecks Panel Design. With any of those you will of course have to add the two Posky folders and the text in the panel.cfg in the same fashion as in the 737 panel.cfg. I hope this helps some.

Regards,

Mel

The Posky Utility panels are hidden by default. Run through the different Shift + num (1-9) to find them. I agree, the default 737 panel leaves a lot to be desired. There are some reasonably good CRJ panels around as well as a payware CRJ panel by SkyDecks Panel Design. With any of those you will of course have to add the two Posky folders and the text in the panel.cfg in the same fashion as in the 737 panel.cfg. I hope this helps some.

Regards,

Mel

I was lead to believe this came with a correct panel though. Is that not the case?

All that I have downloaded (from AVSIM) come only with the 737 panel set up.

Regards,

Mel

I was lead to believe this came with a correct panel though. Is that not the case?

That is incorrect. All their aircraft use a default panel of some sorts, slightly modified to include the utility panel. As FS9 did not come with a CRJ, they pretty much had to use the default 737 panel. I suppose the default Learjet panel was also an option. In any case, all they really did was model and textures. No panel. You can download another panel to use, bearing in mind there are XML codes along with other codes that you need to remember to add into the panel.cfg if you should choose to use another panel.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

That is incorrect. All their aircraft use a default panel of some sorts, slightly modified to include the utility panel. As FS9 did not come with a CRJ, they pretty much had to use the default 737 panel. I suppose the default Learjet panel was also an option. In any case, all they really did was model and textures. No panel. You can download another panel to use, bearing in mind there are XML codes along with other codes that you need to remember to add into the panel.cfg if you should choose to use another panel.

What XML and other codes are you referring to?

What XML and other codes are you referring to?

The XML codes that were included are for advanced animations such as wingflex and control surface movements. On the 767s, 777s, and 747s, it also controlled gear tilt. I'm not sure what, if any, gear movements would be controlled on the CRJ-1000. In addition, the utility panel also consists of XML codes as well as several bitmap files. If those are missing, either because the lines necessary to activate them in the panel.cfg are missing or the files simply aren't there, you'll lose some animations. As I haven't flown the CRJ-1000, I can't comment on what would happen. However, on the 777s, the most noticeable effect is that the gear won't tilt once you're airborne. On the 747s, your main gear will be tilted even on the ground, and the nose gear will be twisted to the left. There's more if the codes are missing, but on those particular aircraft, those are the most noticeable.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

The XML codes that were included are for advanced animations such as wingflex and control surface movements. On the 767s, 777s, and 747s, it also controlled gear tilt. I'm not sure what, if any, gear movements would be controlled on the CRJ-1000. In addition, the utility panel also consists of XML codes as well as several bitmap files. If those are missing, either because the lines necessary to activate them in the panel.cfg are missing or the files simply aren't there, you'll lose some animations. As I haven't flown the CRJ-1000, I can't comment on what would happen. However, on the 777s, the most noticeable effect is that the gear won't tilt once you're airborne. On the 747s, your main gear will be tilted even on the ground, and the nose gear will be twisted to the left. There's more if the codes are missing, but on those particular aircraft, those are the most noticeable.

So what exactly needs to be moved. And from where?

So what exactly needs to be moved. And from where?

Essentially the folders (not just the individual files, but the entire folder) need to be copied from the original panel folder that came with the CRJ-1000 (or 747, 767, or 777, for that matter for those three aircraft) into the panel folder of the new panel you intend to use. In addition, you need to copy several lines from the original panel.cfg that came with said aircraft to the panel.cfg of the new panel you intend to use.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Essentially the folders (not just the individual files, but the entire folder) need to be copied from the original panel folder that came with the CRJ-1000 (or 747, 767, or 777, for that matter for those three aircraft) into the panel folder of the new panel you intend to use. In addition, you need to copy several lines from the original panel.cfg that came with said aircraft to the panel.cfg of the new panel you intend to use.

Okay... Which several lines???

Okay... Which several lines???

Check the readme, it should tell you what lines to add. I don't have the CRJ-1000, so I don't know exactly what lines would be there, and it varies from aircraft to aircraft in the case of the 747, 767, and 777, all of which I do have and have experience with.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg