Sign in to follow this  
budman9mm

Sound Output in Headphones and Speakers

Hello,

I have an issues with FS2CREW NGX Special Bundle Voice Control v1.4. Using W7 64 bit and my primary sound uses Realtek Digital Output(Optical) while my headphones are Logitech G930. Unless I manually disable the Realtek sound via the Win Control Panel, I will get the FSX sound coming through the headphones (set as default device) and the FS2 crew Voice wants to come through the speakers still. I have to then exit FSX completely and restart otherwise I get an SDK error. When this happens, the FS2Crew config lists the Realtek as the sound device. I can change to the Logitech Headphones but it doesn't change the sound output.

Is there a way around having to manually set this each time?

Thanks,

D. Moss

EDIT: Very sorry as I notice this posted to Button Control Version. Can Mod please move to voice section?

Bryan,

Although I had not tried that before, I just did and it does the same thing...still comes through the speakers instead of the headphones.

Thanks!

D. Moss

If you have HS selected and your headset audio device is selected on the FS2Crew Config Panel, that most of the FO's sounds, like the checklists, should come out of your headset.

Please check your audio settings in the Control Panel.

Try selecting a different 'default' playback device.

Bryan,

I've checked my sound settings every which way I can find, and still there is no way to get FS2C to work properly unless my primary sound is disabled in the windows cp. This is frustrating because I sometimes forget and have to completely exit FSX and start over which can be time consuming after configuring the aircraft. FSX will switch sound output if I change the default sound device mid-session. FS2C will not. If you can think of anything please let me know. And thanks for your help.

-D. Moss