Sign in to follow this  
metzgergva

APP to PAFA ILS 20R

Hello,

When I fly the MD-11 into Fairbanks (PAFA), I do get a misaligned runway symbol on the ND and also the tracking of the ILS cours is not correct. The RWY heading is 197, but the symbol is turned left by 20 degrees. The plane is having the right heading but a significant offset to the right.

I did the same approach with the B738 and all was okay.

I'm using airac 1211.

Anyone have an idea what can be wrong here?

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

The RWY heading is 197, but the symbol is turned left by 20 degrees

The heading should be set to track. Press the button above the heading window on the FCP. That should fix it. It should be switches when you are above 70 degrees north latitude. (Note: I think it's either than or 75 degrees north).

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Changing HDG to TRK does not change this. There is no wind at that situation. It has nothing to do with location as it happens in Anchorage too. So it looks to me as an error in the calculation of the runway display. As said, switching to the B737 and the problem does not exist anymore. And both planes use the same NAV database.

Anyone an other idea?

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Try the free Flight 1 Registry fix tool in the Flight 1 website

I know that tool but had no reason to use it as new installs do find the proper path to FSX. Could you elaborate why that tool would fix the problem? Can you confirm that it does not exist on your computer with the same add-ons installed?

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

There is a reason the tool needed to be created. This issue is well known and the tool fixes it nicely.

It did work for me in my MD11 when i had that issue.

Let me try it in FS9.

EDIT: Looks OK to me in FS9 (AIRAC 1209). Note that I HAVE updated the mag var database, but even so, yours looks to be quite a long way out.

You don't say, but it appears you have add-on scenery for that area?

Best regards,

Robin.

There is a reason the tool needed to be created. This issue is well known and the tool fixes it nicely.

It did work for me in my MD11 when i had that issue.

Will, I followed your recomendation and it REALLY solved the issue! Thak you very much!

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

My pleasure, glad it is sorted for you.

I have exactly the same issue as the OP at KLAX. I assume this is some mag var issue? I see the recommendation to use the F1 tool, which I will go get and run. Like the OP I have never had an issue with anything involving the FSX registry as far as I know, however nothing to lose! Thanks for the tip, Bruce.

My question too, Robin, however after trying it last night I can confirm it fixes the issue both the OP and I had.

Bruce.