Sign in to follow this  
free-bee

Adding an Airport

I have made airports in the past and got them installed correctly. However, it's been a while since I last added an airport. We formatted our hard drive a great deal of time ago and I just now got around to re-installing ADE. I have just edited an already-existent (stock) airport and can't seem to remember where to put the compiled bgl file. I am assuming I put it in "Addon Scenery," yes?

Well, the worst that can happen is it doesn't work, right? But just in case I am wrong, could someone point me to the correct folder? Thank you.

The BGL can go in the subfolder "scenery" of the folder "addon scenery" :)

Or you can create a folder in the "addon scenery" folder (name is your choice) and in this new created folder .. you create a subfolder named "scenery" and put in your BGL

After that you must declare it in FS2004 as usual :)

Hope it's help ...

Well, the worst that can happen is it doesn't work, right? But just in case I am wrong, could someone point me to the correct folder? Thank you.

What Navtech wrote is accurate, I will only add that the Addon scenery / scenery folder is the standard location.

Regards to all,

Mel

Aye, I see. I put it in "Addon Scenery/scenery." What was throwing me is the "texture" sub-folder.

Aye, I see. I put it in "Addon Scenery/scenery." What was throwing me is the "texture" sub-folder.

As you may have surmised, you can disregard the Addon scenery / texture folder as far as ADE is concerned. If you do wish to add any object library items to ADE those objects (bgls) and the corresponding textures should be installed as "your chosen name here" / scenery folder and texture folder and activated through the FS9 library system and ADE - Tools / Library Object Manager. I realize this is a little off topic as far as the original question but I thought it might be of some value to you.

Regards,

Mel