Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

QualityWings Ultimate 146 Collection (module version 1.0)

Here you can download the LINDA aircraft module for the QualityWings Ultimate 146 Collection.

Installation notes:

• Download and unzip it and place the two folders into: */Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Modules
  • Say "yes" if he'd like to overwrite anything

I will update this files from time to time and will make a little note in this thread about the changes.

Users, who also made changes to this codes could post it in this thread or drop me a PM and we will update the module.

Quality Wings Avro (Avro146) v1.0

What is not implemented:

I haven't had acces to several MCP functions, so currently all the MCP knobs are not implemented.

The rotaries do work partially, most with the FSX standard functions.

But also here I haven't had access to the values, so there could be sometimes no synchronisation between VC and the VRinsight MCP Combo.

A few other not so important function do also not work.

Hope with further patches of the QW these functions get implemented if the devs have time for it!

But the included functions should be enough to make 90% of all users happy.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Link fixed

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Günter,

Wouaw that is a lot of functions ... more than expected ... nice work ... thanck you so much ...

Michel

Michel Veréb

Hi Günter

I begin to test the module today.

I first read the functions and it is an incredible work.

When i switch A/T ON or OFF it doesnt work for me.

F/D ON or OFF works good.

I look at the functions assigned and as i didnt find them in the QW146 module i suspect you use the lib:default fsx.

The syntax of the assigned function is a little different like you can see in the pictures.

With lib:default fsx syntax it works fine.

I continue the tests ...

Michel Veréb

Yep, for the MCP will work several standard FSX functions, also HDG rotary, ALT etc.

Also VNAV and ATHR etc I think.

But it is not 100% reliable, sometimes sync problems with the rotaries and they do not have switch sounds.

Switch sounds is a standard I'd like to have in my modules.

So I decided to wait till the devs will implement the Lvars, instead of doing the work twice.

thanks so far!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Thanks for this!

Now I can get all my switches working properly instead of toggling.

Cheers

Yep, for the MCP will work several standard FSX functions, also HDG rotary, ALT etc.

Also VNAV and ATHR etc I think.

But it is not 100% reliable, sometimes sync problems with the rotaries and they do not have switch sounds.

Switch sounds is a standard I'd like to have in my modules.

So I decided to wait till the devs will implement the Lvars, instead of doing the work twice.

thanks so far!

The problem with the default rotaries is that they do not work if you fly LNAV / VNAV. so it is impossible to preset a heading or alt before leaving this modes. With macros it works but the parameter is not mirrored to the mcp panel.

Cheers Tom

Hi there,

I found out a pretty reliable way of implementing the AutoThrottle Arm and Disarm for the MCP Combo 1 - Here are my two functions:

function Auto_Throttle_Arm ()
    if ipc.readLvar("at_light") == 0 then
       ipc.writeLvar("at_light", 1)
       ipc.control(65860)
    end
end

function Auto_Throttle_Off ()
    if ipc.readLvar("at_light") == 1 then
       ipc.writeLvar("at_light", 0)
       ipc.writeLvar("annun_flt_at",0)
       ipc.control(65860)
    end
end

I hope this helps.

I am trying to understand/trace the Alt knob which is driving me crazy! It doesn't seem in the application to send out any clues when I am trying to trace it!

Cheers

James

1st Thanks for Linda!

2nd does this module work with the 146 (non Avro)?

Mine does not seem to - only detects the Avros when selected in FSX. I select 146-100 it defaults back to "FSX Default".

PS - Is there a way to make the little green lights on the actual GoFlight panels (GF-T8, P8s, etc.) work with Linda?

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Hi Need-to-know

LINDA requires a module written specifically for the make and model of the aircraft you wish to use. Each has a unique interface/SDK and one 146 is not the same as another. When LINDA can not find a matching aircraft is selects the FSX Default set up.

LINDA unfortunately cannot not write to GoFlight panels or control its lights.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks ScotFlieger.

Appreciate the response. Good to know...I can stop searching. :)

Have a good weekend.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Hi Guys, reference the go flight modules, I have the gear/flap lights working just fine along side Linda and the QW avro. Just download GF configure software and choose your FSX/P3D function (gear up/down etc) it will work alongside Linda.

Ken

Hi, Guenseli:

Nice work!

I have been here trying to reinvent the wheel and I have to say: yours rolls much better than mine!

Thanks a lot!