Sign in to follow this  
scnrfrq

Road Over Stadium

Anyone know how to remove this stadium that has a road crossing it? I tried turning off all autogen, and the stadium still appears.

Edited by firehawk44
Image exceeds 1600W limit. Please repost with proper size.

I am no expert, but I would say that that is in the ground textures, so you have to change them.

But that is a little more work.

It looks like a UTX placed road. Make sure the scenery is located above UTX in the scenery library.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It looks like a UTX placed road. Make sure the scenery is located above UTX in the scenery library.

Best regards,

Jim

Yes, it is. A far as I know, you can't modify UTX roads or the layer the stadium is on. I turned off FSG landclass, but that had no effect either.

Scenery Tech (UTX) has a place where you can report anomalies like this. You can check their forum for the procedure and check if it has been already reported (and maybe fixed). First of all, make sure it is the fault of UTX by disabling the program either through the Scenery Library or through their setup utility. If it still occurs with UTX disabled, then we know it's not UTX. Scenery complexity probably turns the stadium on or off but it's best kept at Extremely dense.

I removed your image as it was too big but can you tell us the airport so we might check it out on our system and see if we can duplicate it?

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Scenery Tech (UTX) has a place where you can report anomalies like this. You can check their forum for the procedure and check if it has been already reported (and maybe fixed). First of all, make sure it is the fault of UTX by disabling the program either through the Scenery Library or through their setup utility. If it still occurs with UTX disabled, then we know it's not UTX. Scenery complexity probably turns the stadium on or off but it's best kept at Extremely dense.

I removed your image as it was too big but can you tell us the airport so we might check it out on our system and see if we can duplicate it?

Best regards,

Jim

The airport is KERI in Erie, PA.

Thanks.

Okay. Thanks for that . I just did a flyover of the area and could find no stadium in the area and all roads did not appear to be going over any objects. I have the default scenery installed and no modifications of the area other than I installed GEX to replace my default textures. Are you sure you do not have an addon for the area located in the Addon Scenery folder? FSG Landclass would tell fsx what textures and scenery to render but, if you disabled it, then it has to be something else, maybe in your Addon folder.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Okay. Thanks for that . I just did a flyover of the area and could find no stadium in the area and all roads did not appear to be going over any objects. I have the default scenery installed and no modifications of the area other than I installed GEX to replace my default textures. Are you sure you do not have an addon for the area located in the Addon Scenery folder? FSG Landclass would tell fsx what textures and scenery to render but, if you disabled it, then it has to be something else, maybe in your Addon folder.

Best regards,

Jim

No addon scenery that would affect this area. I did disable FSG Landclass, and UTX Custom and Urban Landclass, and then the stadium disappeared. As soon as I add back any of the landclass, the stadium reappears.

No addon scenery that would affect this area. I did disable FSG Landclass, and UTX Custom and Urban Landclass, and then the stadium disappeared. As soon as I add back any of the landclass, the stadium reappears.

Yes, that's what I said originally. This has to be a UTX issue. The UTX roads are actually more accurate than the default. I see you have posted your question over at the UTX forum and that's a good idea. Hopefully they can find a fix for it.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM