Sign in to follow this  
flying_bob

Corrections for SP2

Ok I have send carenado a rather long email. herewith the details

====================================================

The B200 is really a nice plane, but can become a really great plane by adding not much.

Would you please consider to bring out another Service pack to correct a few last things that is very important for the proper operation of the B200, and that will put it in a league of its own. We do NOT ask much, but some things can only be done by you as we have not have access to the model. The rest we can do and will gladly share with you to include into SP2

Some of these things actually have been successfully implemented in the C90 and would not require MUCH effort to also implement in the B200.

I have already starting to FIX some of the stuff and it actually can just be taken as such and be included in a SP2.

Many things can be fixed by me but a very few things cannot be done by me as it is part of the model and I would dearly like to see that those few things can be corrected in the model. PLEASE SIR..!

The following are paramount that still should be fixed as this is part and parcel of normal operating of the B200.

- [MODEL related]

- Hydraulic Fluid sensor pressure TEST button with the annun light that illuminate when pressed. This is a model adjustment for a click spot where there are now what seem to be a circuit breaker. This has been correctly simulated in the C90.

- Gear lever light TEST button. This is a model adjustment for a click spot. This has been correctly simulated in the C90 already where the gear lever turn red when pressed.

- Gear down horn “Silence” button. (new – it should be right next to Hydraulic Fluid sensor pressure TEST button)

- External power switch. This has been modelled in the C90 and is debatable depending on the b200 model simulated. Some B200 do have this external button. Personally I would like to see this as we can use the GPU that has been created by someone on AVSIM forum and available for the C90, C208 etc etc. (Nice to have, but still important for immersion factor)

- DC-Volt/% Load meters. Currently the meter in overhead only show load%. These 2 meters also need to show DC-Volts, with a small press button to switch between the two. VERY important, this MUST be corrected PLEASE..!

- The prop Amp gauge is wrong, always showing 20, this should only work then Prop deice is on. Small change to adjust the code in the model.

- Oxygen Gauge only works with battery on.. this is wrong. Very easy to change the code to remove the battery ON dependency

- Bleed air switches have only 2 positions, There should be 3. Open, Enviromental Off, Instrument and Enviromental Off.

- Fuel transfer TEST button on fuel panel. The two red lights on the fuel panel should “blink” if pressed. Add test button and have light to blink when pressed

- [GAUGE/LIGHTS ETC corrections]

- PROPSYNC annun/caution light –
DONE attached

- Master Warning Pressure value to facilitate a 6.6 PSI difference should have value of at least 13000-max15000 –
DONE attached

- Hydraulic Fluid sensor pressure TEST light. Once click spot is available, add the code for the hydraulic light to illuminate when pressed. Already available in C90 and very easy correction (can be done by me to give to you to include in SP if you make the clickspot available in Model)

- External power annun light. If you switch on the external power switch the “EXT POWER annun light should illuminate. Already available in C90 and very easy correction (can be done by me to give to you to include in SP if you make the switch available in Model)

- Elevator trim off ANNUN Light doesn’t light up when the switch is being turned off. Very easy correction (I will do irrespective of and correct)

- Windscreen anti ice annun light does not light up when ON. Very easy correction (I will do irrespective of and correct)

The following are really nice to haves in the B200.

- [Nice to have corrections – can live without it, but would be nice to have]

- Vacuum and Pneumatic pressure simulation. The bleed air switches are simulated wrong. Normally you will see the pneumatic pressure rise to about 17.5 psi and gyro suction to around 4.9 in Hg when the bleed air switch is being switched off (when performing engine run-up test).

- Surface Deice doesn’t affect the Pneumatic Pressure

- Windscreen anti ice (actually all de-ice) do not influence load meter

- Have pressurisation to work in TEST mode.

Would you be so kind to let me know if you willing to fix the few “model” issues.

We are not expecting a 100% system modelling, but at least correct the few obvious things that will really MAKE a HUGE difference.

END OF LETTER TO CARENADO

---------------------------------------

EDIT - MY CHANGES SO FAR

I am hopefull to have this plane fixed with the elementary things.

I am in the process to correct some stuff for the B200. Instead of uploading drips and drabs I will upload these in ONE go – should be finished by weekend but don’t hold me to that. at my age things come slow.

I will update this as I go along.

PROP SYNC ON Annunciator [Complete]

A caution/advisory annunciator panel fault annunciator informs the pilot when the Propeller Synchrophaser is switched ON and the landing gear is down.

This annunciator is placard’d PROP SYNC ON. Illumination of the two MASTER CAUTION annunciators and the fault annunciator indicates that it is not safe to land or take off in the current configuration.

Here I have adjusted the Master Caution as well as added the yellow annunciator light.

propsync.jpg

propsync-1.jpg

MASTER WARNING [Complete]

I changed the pressure difference to reflect the new 6.6 PSI differential (was 10000 now 13000, but can be set max 15000). The pressure gauge was corrected in SP1 but the MASTER WARNING was never corrected. (also already posted here in another thread)

ELEVATOR TRIM Annunciator [in process]

Elevator trim off annunciator Light doesn’t light up when the switch is being turned off.

Windscreen Anti Ice Annunciator [in process]

Windscreen anti ice annunciator light does not light up when ON.

BRAKE De-Ice Annunciator [listed in error]

this one actually work.. my mistake..

Surface De-Ice Annunciator [in process]

Surface De-Ice annunciator (L ICE VANE and R ICE VANE) light does not light up when ON.

Hi,

Can be added to the list of fixes for SP2:

First Officer side: MASTER WARNING and MASTER CAUTION, flip the image, when lights on

Pierre

the following has been fixed

Window de-ice

01_winddeice.jpg

Structural de-ice ice vanes

01_icevane.jpg

ELECTRICAL Trim OFF light

01_electtrim.jpg

First Officer side: MASTER WARNING and MASTER CAUTION, flip the image, when lights on

Time to spend some time in FO seat..

thank you for posting. I also add it to my own list

EDIT:

Will do some more fixing tomorrow

Could we also correct the oil pressure gauge. It never goes in the green arc. Always stays in yellow arc. Thanks

Real Deraps

I added the GPU that was produced by someone else. I cannot get hold of the guy to make us one for the B200, so I panelbeated it a bit (it is freeware).

http://forum.avsim.n...8/page__hl__gpu

Anyway it now work with seperate popup for GPU power. for those days where we take very long to get working through checklists etc and the POH says that when battery power fell below 23V but still above 20V then we MUST use a GPU. So I never actually got it to a stage where it goes below 21V, and even that took a while to deplete that much. I like to have the GPU cart .

So how does it now work.

When You bring along the card.. (opening the popup)

(I hope they add back the external power switch then when switching ON the external power switch it actually will bring up the GPU as it work on the C90)

the external power is still switched off.

Only when you start the GPU cart, then it mean it is plugged in and the annun light light up.

BEST OF ALL.. It actually work and recharge the battery bringing it back to full power.. awesome little GPU cart..! In my example below I just have not let the battery run down a bit.. sorry a bit bad example.

extpower.jpg

extpower2.jpg

extpower1.jpg

Cannot wait to download your file with all the goodies Flying Bob. You know a lot about how things can be done in FSX, hats off !!!

I'm a little confused - are all these wonderful improvements available for download? I don't believe they are included in SP2, are they?

Thanks / Les Parson