Sign in to follow this  
Gpappy737ngx

FIX for PMDG737ngx program Capt. forward view

Good mooring to all from Gpappy737ngx – I am a flight sim novas, asking for some help with the PMDG 737NGX program – I am using Microsoft Flight Sim X as the base for the flight sim. The problem is not with MSFSX – it’s the PMDG 737NGX program. I just know there must be a Fix/a Work-Around/or a Setting that I am over looking, due to the fact that all the other aircraft I fly in the sim work fine.

PROBLEM: After program starts up, and I push the “A” key on the keyboard to cycle through the different views, and make my various settings for flight, then return to the Captains flight deck forward view out the windshield.

Problem #1 - I can only see approx. 20 ft. in front of the nose of the aircraft. You can not see the hold taxi way or runway – the only way I have found to change the view is to “Press CTRL+SpaceBar – in order to see the taxi way-runway.

Problem #2 – When landing the aircraft – Just as the main landing gear makes contact with the runway the Captains forward view switches to show only approx. 20 Ft. in front of the aircraft nose. Again I have to push CTLR+SpeceBar in order to obtain full runway view.

This condition or program conduct has become quit annoying to me, at the time when your flying workload is quite high.

I know some one has or is exspearing the same conditions. Does some one know of a program FIX – Work around – or some Setting to correct this condition with the PMDG 737NGX program.

Thank you for any help you can give to others and me.

Respectfully Gpappy737ngx

Hi there,

I moved this over to a better forum for that type of question.

Have you got WideViewAspect=true under the display in your fsx.cfg settings

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Have you got WideViewAspect=true under the display in your fsx.cfg settings

From Gpappy737ngx - Yes I do have - WideViewAspect=true under the display in my fsx.cfg settings

I ask you to please bear with me, as this is the first time I have ever used a forum - and I am

finding it to be quite a chore in understanding how to go about things. Thank you Respectfully for your help.

Try setting the zoom level using the - or = key. I don't have the problem that you describe. Perhaps a screenshot? The captain view in the VC should come back to the same if you cycle through the views.

Vu

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I would recommend a program (payware) called EZDOK (EZCA).

It's not expensive, and it will cure your problem and actually enhance your enjoyment of the NGX.

I have the program, and it has increased the immersion of the NGX and other payware aircraft. It will enable you to set up & save different viewpoints in the VC, outside the aircraft and world. It has a host of other features also. Look it up on google.

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Ok if you do a search for " views 2d" it brings up your solutioins on which you can try

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It has something to do by changing a value in the aircraft config file (cant remember) but its change the view to 4 from 0 i think.

Definately in the aircraft config file if someone can point us in the right direction.

I get that too. It appeared in a service pack. I've always assumed it was a "taxi view". I use CTRL-space to change it to "normal" view, and if I want it back, use the hat switch to flick right or left then back again and the view returns to the "taxi" view again. To be honest, I quite like it.

Gpappy737ngx – First off I want to thank all of you for your feedback and help in getting my forward view in the PMDG737NGX problem solved.

The following information may help some others – I was poking around in the forum and came across this post-dated 20 Jan. 2012 by Budlake.

“CANNOT SEE THE HORIZON IN THE PMDG737NGX 2D COCKPIT”.

His problem was the same as mine – well he received 9 replies to the problem.

The reply that solved my problem was from Paul Deemer, which I will quote.

“Go to your main FSX Directory – SIMOBJECTS – AIRPLANES – PMDG737-800NGX – PANEL and load the planel.cfg with Notepad. Find the following lines listed below and change the values listed in red to what I have below and it will work just fine. There is just one little issue. If you ever hit reset eye point view it seems to get out of whack. To fix this just look out your left or right window in 2d-panel view and it will be back to where it should be. I tried a bunch of numbers and tried to compare the virtual cockpit vs. 2d-panel cockpit until I was able to get the 2d-panel to look the same as virtual cockpit view and 5.5 seems to do the job. Don’t forget the wideaspectview in FSX.cfg as discussed above by Mr. Key.{VIEWS}.

The FIX:

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MINIPANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.5,0.0,0.0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8

NONE: The victuals of (5.5) did not show me enough of the runway. I changed them to (3.3) and they work fine for my system and PMDG737NGX.

Thank you all again, and it is my hope this INFO may help some one else.

Respectfully Gpappy737ngx