Sign in to follow this  
fo.manush

Relative FPS Performance of these top X-Plane Airliners

Hi Guys,

I am new to X-Plane and need performance advise before I buy one these fine Payware Airliners that I have found for Xplane 9 & 10:

- Peter's A380

- B777 WorldLiner Pro

- Jrollon CRJ

I am currently playing XP9 and my specs are:

- AMD Phenom II X4 955BE (OC 3.8Ghz)

- 8Gb ram

- 2 x ATI 4850 (X-Fire)

I know that all of these aircraft are at the top of their league when it comes to complex system modelling so the only thing I want to confirm is their performance in 3D Cockpit (FPS wise). As the plane with the best FPS will win for me as I will enjoy it more (instead of worrying about performance).

So can you tell me which one of the above (Peter A380, B777 or Jrollon CRJ) is easiest on the framerates in the 3D virtual Cockpit.

You don't need to give me numbers as they will be based on a plethora of factors and personal taste, just the FPS comparison between the planes with your setup.

Thanks

Dewang

I can't say for the 380 but the CRJ is one of the best performers. It is optimized to run on multiple cores. The 777 is also very easy on my frames, not quite as well as the CRJ but still good. One other aircraft you should look into is the Challenger 300. Great aircraft and fun to fly, however it is the one payware aircraft that I have that is hardest on FPS.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Thats excellent guys, so the CRJ is the best performer at this stage. Now if only someone could provide some insight on the A380.

Thats excellent guys, so the CRJ is the best performer at this stage. Now if only someone could provide some insight on the A380.

Hager's A380 is even easier on my frames than 777.