Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Feelthere Airbus Evolution Autopilot Faulty?

I ended up disconnecting the Top Gun Afterburner then the autopilot takes the bus (330) into overspeed. So I have paused it now.

It is my first real flight in this and I have everything in managed mode.

What I am wondering is it kept a level altitude for about 20 minutes (35000ft) but the rest of the flight it wanders all over the place.

I reset the calibration (and then recalibrated over and over again) the Top Gun Afterburner. I then disconnected it to see if the joystick was causing this fault or not.

Would the Airbus deliberately go into overspeed?

Since I am not an Airbus pilot and I haven't flown the airplane I don't know how it works and I am not going to use this flight as a basis for any problem solving.

Does anyone here have ANY experience flying this product or its sisters?

What do I have to do to make it work?

Or should I just go back to the PMDG and Level D which are trusty and reliable?

Well at least myself I have never had that kind of problems with Wilco Airbus Evolution. Sometimes it has drifted off course though, especially in multiplayer, but never any problems with speed or altitude.

I can't remember any problems with the Airbus either, but it's parked in ma hangar for quite a time, and I didn't use it a lot after I upgraded my computer.

Regards,

Flo

After you took off did you back the throttles to CLB mode?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I had to turn the Autopilot On and Off just to 'activate' the Lateral function. The aircraft is either filled with errors or it is simply modeled on Airbus. Logically it should just work without having to turn the AP1 on and off.

The speed and vertical mode seems a ok but it drifts all over the place. In other words it holds an altitude between 33000 and 37000, approximately!

After you took off did you back the throttles to CLB mode?

I don't remember or know. I'll have to test this out next takeoff.

EDIT:

I just saw it enter into an unusual attitude which Airbus aircraft would not do. It climbed to 44000!!! Now, all I did was went from 'selected lateral mode' to 'managed lateral mode' and it suddenly went in to this idiotic climb. I know there is something with the flight director here as the FD turns off when going to managed mode. I have no idea, I need an Airbus training Captain to see if the aircraft is faulty (well the Feelthere product).

Check the sensitivity on whatever contoller you are using. If it isn't dead nuts you will have some issues. I think the AP works really well.

Ive done a few 12 hour flights with the 330 without any issues but if one of your waypoints are to close with a sharp turn it tends to miss it sometimes.

As for tha altitude thing try resetting everything with the configurator. It sounds like the payloads arent balanced correctly.

And dont forget the anti-icing.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Easy: (1) If you have never flown (in FSX) any Airbus, start by flying the "toy" "light" ones. Then, after studying and learning how to fly the Wilco Airbus series go back and try it. Wilco Airbus is NOT a lite version. (2) You must learn how to fly the advanced stuff. This is not your typical Boeing or Cessna a/c. And, the last time I checked neither PMDG nor Level D has tried to simulate such an advanced a/c-- This is NOT your typical Boeing a/c !

Make sure that you are going fast enough. This airbus has done some strange things if im cruising too slow.

Keep your speed over 320 Knots once you get above 13,000 feet or you may have some problems.

Make sure you deleted Discontinuitys.

The "EVO",upgrade by wilco was a hack job!

The original Feelthere version, without the EVO upgrade, was better in my opinion.

there is no such thing as a feelThere 'evo' v2 airbus. feelThere had nothing to do (zero, nada, zilch) with any of the WILCO airbus 'evo' series.

--

Then how do you explain these lines direct from one of the aircraft.cfgs??

ui_manufacturer=FeelThere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 2

ui_type=A330-200 RR

ui_variation=Airbus House

visual_damage=1

ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner

ui_createdby="feelThere/Wilco"

description=Airbus Series Vol.2\nDeveloped by www.feelThere.com \nPublished by Wilco Publishing www.wilcopub.com\n\nSupport at www.wilcopub.com

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Then how do you explain these lines direct from one of the aircraft.cfgs??

ui_manufacturer=FeelThere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 2

ui_type=A330-200 RR

ui_variation=Airbus House

visual_damage=1

ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner

ui_createdby="feelThere/Wilco"

description=Airbus Series Vol.2\nDeveloped by www.feelThere.com \nPublished by Wilco Publishing www.wilcopub.com\n\nSupport at www.wilcopub.com

They created the model for the first version, FS9. Eric Marciano codes the gauges. Wilco took the rest and has the rights to it now. I think they leave FeelThere in because FeelThere had a hand in it.

They created the model for the first version, FS9. Eric Marciano codes the gauges. Wilco took the rest and has the rights to it now. I think they leave FeelThere in because FeelThere had a hand in it.

Exactly!

Vic,from Feelthere:

All we were with the new Airbus product is that we allowed Wilco and Eric to work on the product and reuse some of our existing source and models. Personally I don't even know what exactly was added or modified.

Source:http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5890

so basically Feelthere had (something) to do with it. Its the feelthere plane, Wilco just added a WX radar, which is pretty nifty.

so basically Feelthere had (something) to do with it

yeah ... sure ... back in 2005, 2006 and 2007 when the 'pre-evo' planes were developed and released.

there is no new feelthere code, graphic, involvment or undestanding in the evolution 'incarnation'.

so back to the origninal question, on the 'evo' plane, feelThere HAD NOTHING to do with it and there is no 'feelthere evo airbus'.

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/