Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Orbx England released this weekend...

Despite JV's comments on sub-contracting and apparent "horror" at folk having a two week break (see official thread) :rolleyes: I personally would rather they spent as much time as necessary to not only fix the bugs but address some of the issues on content that have been identified.

Those who see no issues in that regard must be happy with what they've got? ...so those who are unhappy want to see some improvements.

I'd rather have time to wait for it with that, than time getting frustrated because they've "rushed out" a patch that could have been better with more time spent on it and not addressing half the issues. Rushing out a patch because you rushed the initial release is just asking for dissatisfaction from users? :huh:

They've two "earners" released for the UK now so, unless the boasts about sales figures were exaggerated, they ought to be able to address some of the fundamental issues on landclass before releasing any further UK regions. Certainly I hope to see more landmarks and some more custom built and placed buildings for those. London's landclass needs some serious work on the central areas and all traces of suburbia should not appear in central areas. Some serious work on the coastal scenery and it's placement too.

Patience is not a fashionable quality nowadays though ...so doubtless I'll be in a minority of single figures B)

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Geoff, that's what happen when you buy a beta scenery, today's customers are becoming beta testers.

If everybody was welling to wait for the developers to iron out bugs and BIG flaws before buying a products you better believe that all developers would make sure that their products are ready for released...not perfect but ready, no doubt about that.

Beta testing customer,. Mmm. Personally, I have no problem with that concept. Live For Speed (a racing sim) was sold on that premise and it worked very well. Every update was based on player feedback and every player felt they had a stake in the project. It was the same with Baytower's RV7. We knew it was WIP when we bought it. Our input was taken on board and the final product was--is--perfect! What IS unacceptable is releasing a product as finished and having punters doing the beta testing. I wouldn't mind too much but so much of the ENG SP1 is stuff that shouldn't have got past first base!

On the other hand take RealAir's Legacy, it was released damn near perfect!

Southern Comfort has a lot to answer for but what I'm saying is release as 'finished' or release as 'y'wanna help out here?'

I'll look at this post in the morning and think 'OMG!'

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Agree with you Ron, if you are told that what you are buying is in beta and you are welling to test it...no problems with that what so ever.

When you buy a product that you expect to be a finished, or close to, ( + or - some ironing bugs here and there) and you get a beta, or a grossly unfinish products with major flaws, released to get cash flow in the developer's company ....that's not cool, now, you have to wait for them to finish it, did they asked you for a down payment or the full amount?

To me full payment should = full product + or - some ironing here and there cause nothing is perfect.