Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Linux Red Hat forum needed, or ?

Hi,I have been following some forums regarding the compability of FS2002 and Linux Red Hat 8.0. It seams that version 8.0 supports almost every Windows program now, except the Sidewinder joysticks. However some drivers for Microsoft

Staffan

Bump. :-wave

Staffan

Guest Matt Johnson

I wouldn't want to try it under anything less than TransGaming Wine, and even so, last I checked DirectX support was fluky at best.(And, with all due respect, using FS2002 under Linux probably invalidates the EULA...)--M

Hi Matt,I understand, also regarding the EULA....i think. :-hmmm However, if the development of Linux Redhat and Wine is going on as it has been lately, the days for Windows OS may be counted. ;-) That is my honest opinion. But I really don

Staffan

I think we need some sort of independant confirmation that this works. That simflight forum thread has been around for a while, and while very interesting, doesn't really provide some good answers when push comes to shove. I'd love to see a newbie help file with very specific steps telling us how it's done. My linux experience has shown me that if I don't document it, chances are I can't repeat it. Hopefully someone who has succeeded with running FS2k2 under WINE can document their steps and problems, and provide assistance.Flight Simulator 200x is THE only reason I do not have Linux installed on my desktop PC. It's at work, it's on my home server, but not on the desktop. And I'd love to put it there!I implore anyone who has been successful in this venture to detail their steps and methods!-Greg

Guest ba747heavy

Flight Simulator 200x is THE only reason I do not have Linux installed on my desktop PC. It's at work, it's on my home server, but not on the desktop. And I'd love to put it there!Ditto for me! I am very interested in this, but I am taking this with a grain of salt :)

haven't tried it yet myself, but the newness of it all is IMO an extra reason FOR the forum and not against!Any peer-to-peer assist appreciated!Vince

Staffan,That thread was referred to some time ago and if you look at all the posts there is no real proof that it works.There area number of questions posed to Flyboy and he has not replied to them despite there being quite a time gap between his original post and the last posting.I smell a rat so don't get your hopes up, however I hope I am wrong.Rgds