Sign in to follow this  
RCITGuy

UK2000 Heathrow Extreme!

Holy COW!!!

So after wasting ALL weekend trying to get Aerosoft's Mega Airports Heathrow to work properly and even look like an airport, I just gave up, un-installed it and with a huge frown on my face, bought UK2000's Heathrow Extreme v2.15.... to try what I though would be yet another let-down..

2 Words for UK2000 - HOLY COW! :shok:

This airport is just everything you imagine a well made airport should be!

Its THE mutts nutts, the icing on the cake, the creme de-la-creme....

Take off from Biggin hill, I can SEE the airport from the other side of London, just like the default FSX airport, only now, I can SEE the runway approach lights too (Not PAPI lights)

Its visible both day and night, from east London, as it should be on a clear day and clear night, and OMG its freakin beautiful!

Seriously, its exactly what you would see if you went there yourself, only sexier!

Wickedly high frame rates all the way in to touchdown (50 to 60 FPS constant) soo silky smooth, and its soo nice to look at too... HOLY COW!

I was actually really getting fed up with trying to get an airport to put on its "Sunday best" or even look like an airport until I tried this.. Boy was it worth EVERY penny of the £16.99 and a LOT more...

Oh, and did I say, HOLY COW! This is seriously exciting... Can now fly in/out of Heathrow, a LOT, and actually enjoy every minute of it.... HOLY COW.... :LMAO:

Downloaded it in 3 seconds, installed it in 30 seconds with every option ticked to extreme, and just flew... No manual needed, boy is it brilliant...

Why didn't anybody tell me about this? You lot are terrible :LMAO:

All of them will no doubt be in my basket this week and installed..

1 thing that is a SERIOUS let down though.... I do mean serious...

He does NOT make all the other airports in Europe! Bummer... He gotta get his finger out and get to work...

These airports are far too cheap though.. The price was a bit "Cant be much good for £17" whereas if it was £40 a pop, you be thinking "Must be good at that price" and blimey it is...

Anyway, for those who don't speak "nutter" ( :p0805: ), basically the gist is, "UK2000 is rather good"

Good night, and sleep tight :lazy:

Why didn't anybody tell me about this? You lot are terrible :LMAO:

You never asked, Richard! :P

But I agree, Gary's work is excellent! :good:

Regards.

It's not too great an exaggeration to say that Gary Summons is the master airport builder. He's been doing it for along time. He's a Brit too.

Regards

Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

UK2000 airports are some of the best available anywhere. I grab them whenever they come up available.

And it works so nicely with Orbx England...

too much, too soon....

i agree it is fantastic, its the first and (right now) only airport add on i have. There is only one thing that concerns me. When i fly a POSKY 777 into T5 the gate helper outer comes up as "747/A340" , i'm guessing its because the height i not perfect, do we know if there is a "777" helper outer on the electronic Helper Outer

Does anybody know which airport builder equals or comes close to Gary for europe?

Wickedly high frame rates all the way in to touchdown (50 to 60 FPS constant) soo silky smooth, and its soo nice to look at too... HOLY COW!

WOW, 50 to 60 FPS at Heathrow. Is that with AI and a complex plane like the NGX or no AI and something less demanding like a low overhead g/a aircraft?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Gary's airports are fantastic, I own nearly all of them. How he keeps his pricing so low is amazing, and puts the bigger developers to shame with his quality/price ratio.

FSDT can be directly compared with the quality of UK2000, and I would even dare it has the upper edge. Both being really excellent quality, and I barely see it any more - I am totally used to it, flying often from Gatwick which is on par with the Heathrow. Anything less for me, and THAT I notice.

WOW, 50 to 60 FPS at Heathrow. Is that with AI and a complex plane like the NGX or no AI and something less demanding like a low overhead g/a aircraft?

So far, AI ( I assume you mean air traffic) is set to 20% for both general and ground, and using the default 737-800

Weird thing is, I have HT enabled on my CPU and left the "AffinityMask=14" for now... have been messing about with the CFG all weekend... Everything else is maxed out.

FSDT can be directly compared with the quality of UK2000, and I would even dare it has the upper edge.

I saw their work and it looks amazing, but sadly only Zurich at the moment... I will be getting the GSX though..

Can we kidnap Gary and chain him to a fence at Schipol until its done? lol

So far, AI ( I assume you mean air traffic) is set to 20% for both general and ground, and using the default 737-800

Weird thing is, I have HT enabled on my CPU and left the "AffinityMask=14" for now... have been messing about with the CFG all weekend... Everything else is maxed out.

That's still pretty good FPS for a small amount of AI and the default 737. The only problem is when you add a full suite of AI like WOAI, UT2, Etc. to that airport and combine it with the NGX or other payware airliners, you'll probably be back into the 20 to 30 FPS range which is still pretty good for that airport and area.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I know, although I don't plan to add any traffic software, although I do have Traffic X, but didnt have a clue what I was doing with it when I last tried it, silly me... This time round I'm going to try and get some stuff running from my laptop and the 2nd PC via WideFS. Been looking at FlightSim Commander 9.2 which works over WideFS, and looking to see if other stuff will run over network like AS2012/UTX..

Now I have a much better idea of whats going on, thanks to you lot (Take a bow) I can start looking at splitting the loads...

I do have the 737NGX though, and FS2Crew for it, its proper mental!

Welcome to the party, Richard. Better late than never :wink:

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Richard, most of the Aerosoft airports are very good. German Airport series, FSDT, Zurich and Geneva, FlyTampa Athens and Canary Islands by FWI (Simmarket) and one of my little favourites is Corfu (Aerosoft)

Just remember, Aerosoft is a publisher, so they have some great airports available. Aerosoft Heathrow was produced by Sim-Wings, and not as FP friendly as Gary's, and is also quite old.

I do agree with the others, UK2000 airports are superb. And I have most of them.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.