Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Simpit Running

Just thought I'd post some newer pics of my setup from my last post close to a year ago. Rearranged the overhead to get rid of the visual bar and moved and labeled various components. Planning next week on testing out a projector to see how I like it or stick with the 3x24s. Software is Ifly cockpit builder's version.

e5808dc599b169c0351e1619c4f6db61.jpg

5a937dea2012bc377bcd76abdcdef425.jpg

18838e4a94953354cb4e15e7a04581b5.jpg

e26c965ebcc934c7d8d79937e27494dd.jpg

f884861066145d53f5676191be70486f.jpg

13046ebe5329f94988aeb920f590890c.jpg

• Upvote 1

Most pieces were ebay specials and for the most part every goflight module is controlled via iflyfsuipc tool and Lua. I'm able to go from cold and dark to cold and dark using Ifly. I started running faults while airborne and testing out what i could program to correct. I tried to place switches closest to where they are located in RL. I had to think out the box on a few, but it works as i Dont need the VC unless I find a fault I didn't plan on.

Looking good!

Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

Thanks, I'm upset now though as I've mounted the Overheads and now I have a short throw projector enroute, which will require me to move the pit back about 2 feet. Depending on how I like the projector vice 3x24s will probaby add the overhead top back to simulate windows. Learning this is an ever ending hobby.

Looking good.

What projector and screen are you looking at? and how many projectors are you planning to have?

MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have a ViewSonic PJD7583WI Ultra short throw projector enroute, only 1 for now. I've never experienced a modern projector and this is kind of a trial run for me. I want to see if it's worth it or is 3x24s a better fit for me. I have not ordered the screen yet as I wanted to see how much of a screen am I going to get with 3 feet.

So how do you like the Viewsonic projector vs. 3x24's so far? The views and perspective look amazing!! Very realistic proportions.

I've been struggling with this choice myself, so just curious how you're finding it... ;)

Thanks!

Alan

ohsirus

Do you prefer the Projector to your monitor? What about the loss of the camera shake that you would have in your VC? I am assuming, with projector it won't look good in VC.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I love it!! Peering down the runway takes on a whole new meaning. I decreased the zoom some to make up for loosing the peripheral monitors, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Size does Matter..lol. I have not lost the VC shake, it's the VC camera, just the model is commented out.

That's great...any estimate on what your field of view is (degrees) with the new projector? is it more than what you had with the monitors?

It looks like you have a lot more fov, both vertically and horizontally....seems really immersive!

Alan

That's great...any estimate on what your field of view is (degrees) with the new projector? is it more than what you had with the monitors?

It looks like you have a lot more fov, both vertically and horizontally....seems really immersive!

Not sure about the Fov as i just decreased the zoom on the projector, but I dont feel like I lost much Fov. I will say its aheck of a lot easier aiming for a large runway than what my monitors offered.

Sign in to follow this