Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Simpit Running

Is it possible to share the grounds on the encoders? Would love to link mine, save wire.

Yes sir, sure can.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes sir, sure can.

Hmm that sounds awesome the ability to chain link grounds.

Forgot the pics.
46217104816aafdbfcc2dc29744663ae_zpsb2c1
8a9469664b253f81121d39f577fb85f8_zpsb68e
d37a5c9b3477e538b522121208d878a6_zps817c
Underside backlighting thru grooved out holes.
ed9737bdcc1bb0059cd2a08bf75d2020_zps4ffd

Got my throttle backlighting kit in today. Going to have to figure out how I'm going to wire them up and also going to need a 3V power source. Thinking of just chucking a 3V lithium battery and a switch to cut it on and off.
image_zps5f225032.jpg
image_zps0e22813b.jpg

Knocked out the throttle lighting earlier, ended up chipping/cracking the Flap plate by over screwing it down. Laying down paint layers to conceal it. Tried hiding the wires towards the back. Also had to drill new screw holes into the base. Got it wired up though and ready for whatever way I decide to power it. Tested it with 2 AA batteries.
null_zpsd6d0e9e8.jpg
null_zps7ab716e9.jpg
null_zps644d17c4.jpgnull_zps8d33f6e1.jpg

Ohsirus; how is your home cockpit coming along?

On another note; Haven't seen the "BimmerCop" around here lately, this humor is missed.

Wow, been awhile since I put any effort into my cockpit sim. Work had picked up and got seriously burnt out from building. I just started back this month finishing off the pieces, I believe I did most of the hard work and was just  a matter of connecting and configuring. I decided I would get something flyable, maybe not complete, but enough to provide entertainment. So here's where I stand right now. 

2 Medium level Quadcores

Slave- Q6600 
          Running- SIOC, WIDEFS, FDS Interface IT, IFLY_P3D_Pro_CLient
Runs everything, but yoke,pedals, and overhead. 6 Monitors (5 MIP and 1 Display)

Master -i875K
          Running -P3D, IFly_P3D_Pro, VRinsight(Overhead),ifly2FSUIPC,ASN, future RC4.
Runs the SIM and 2 Displays (projector and display)

Not sure If I'm going to stick with P3d and I'm having a few errors, overhead not syncing fast enough and few random issues, not sure if it's due to P3D 2.2, so going to load up FSX DX10 since it is the standard.
be2f8b5a750c339de3a529c6c6b3a0dd_zps713b

3fc425b12271975cc8b539a4ebbf908e_zpsc249

0990b8ae463d581ece350e82884d6676_zps6b07

The Mess, but makes sense to me..weird.

12314964b0a3dbb57c5ca0989d9e6a16_zps98f4

88e8f8f2166f8fec2dbe4636372a67f2_zps4d9e

5801ac707c96292ff3d5de88a64e53b6_zps0ff9

miplight
a7dd866a2debde91c32511640d7ff309_zpsf4c7

Today, I added the Sound Blaster back in the mix so I can disturb the wife, will probably rehook up the Buttkicker.

Couple setbacks today, my FDS SYS-4 decided to dump and rearrange some of my settings, even my backup crapped out on me. Also 2 switch positions on the Captain DU quit, but the worse setback came when I was tacking the throttle down to the subwoofer and the Spoiler Arm snapped off. Now I have to wait for the E6600 to cure, might need to get some epoxy though as not sure E6600 will hold.

Did manage to get the overhead working better, had to rollback to a previous version of VRiSIM and now it seems to match in-sim.

DSC01050_zpsd9755afd.jpg

So I snapped the spoiler arm off, but found some strong plastic epoxy that seems to do the trick.

DSC01055_zpsa00c7c46.jpg

Getting things in order to finish off the throttle wiring. Since I retrofitted some backlights had to route the cable and figure a way to supply them with 3 Volts. I have a 12VDC to 3VDC convertor (all my other lights,clocks use 12V) to power it. Also going to run my added brake light to my FDS-SYS card and get it strapped down to fly.

DSC01056_zps93ac56cc.jpg

DSC01057_zpsc54bc76c.jpg

Nice job, what projector are you using? did you manage to hook up track ir? I decided against it because its a bit more complicated and I mostly fly tubes anyway

Nice job, what projector are you using? did you manage to hook up track ir? I decided against it because its a bit more complicated and I mostly fly tubes anyway

It's a Viewsonic PJD7383i http://www.viewsonic.com/us/pjd7583wi.html

I haven't hooked up the TrackIR, I have used TrackIR in the past. If you plan on using it for tubes you really need EZdok also to add clip limits and camera presets similar to the Angle of Attack Training videos. 

Got the throttle backlight and brake light hooked up. Finished mapping all the buttons to FSUIPC so I managed to do my first cold and dark to flight with nothing but hardware. Haven't been able to due that since I broke down my original simpit. Now if I can nail down why my opencockpits servo card is soo finicky, one minute it's detected the next its not..drive me crazy as it's not a power issue, just finicky as I have read other who have similar issues.

77453421c38679cb3c5f7285ed8bdac4_zps407d

db5266fd5ad0212ef64a39f7d73308d8_zpse7b0

Well I've been having strange problems with my Opencockpits FMC v3, sometimes it would take a second power down and power up to get a useable screen. Well today it decided to give me the finger and  quit. The sad part is I never even got to use it to any extent!!! Not sure what the problem is or if there is an easy fix. I was excited as I just purchased FSipanel and started testing OPUSFSX Buttkicker support and then this, so I just shut it down until,,well whatever happens next.

Constant AV showing:
IMG_2967_zpsb7849949.jpg

Thanks to Opencockpits for assisting me with fixing my FMC, the input shifted from VGA to the RCA input. Whew now I can get back to business.

wow, what a job to put that all together. Congratulations, you probably need a vacation.

Bob

Vincent,

I'm very impressed with your work my friend!  Thank you so very much for sharing your project!  I hope to follow what you've done, albeit a multi-configurable flight deck using mostly touch screens as I like to fly many different aircraft.

Anyway, NICE WORK!

Vincent,

I'm very impressed with your work my friend!  Thank you so very much for sharing your project!  I hope to follow what you've done, albeit a multi-configurable flight deck using mostly touch screens as I like to fly many different aircraft.

Anyway, NICE WORK!

Thanks, going to have to break it down as I'm moving and the new place won't have room for a dedicated sim. Don't know if I'll ever put it back together, but don't really want to sell it. Pretty sure my next one I build will be GA based though.

but don't really want to sell it

Let me know if you do, I'd be interested in several hardware pieces you have!  That said, for your sake I hope you don't sell it, and you put it back together.

Where you moving to?

Let me know if you do, I'd be interested in several hardware pieces you have!  That said, for your sake I hope you don't sell it, and you put it back together.

Where you moving to?

Back to VA.

Selling Items off now. Already got rid of the overhead and preparing the rest of the items for sale.

Hello,  I'm unable to post a reply to your classified... Is your throttletek throttle still available? 

Hello,  I'm unable to post a reply to your classified... Is your throttletek throttle still available? 

Yes it is, you can PM me for information.