Sign in to follow this  
machie

In Flight realistic ATC Programs with Chatter

Happy Thanksgiving to All,

I am interested in a comparable alternative to Radar Contact V4.3

I have been a customer of RC for more years that I can count—and I have really enjoyed the Program and the cool, neat atmosphere that RC brings to the Cockpit during my VA flights---but--the program has so many bugs and quirky issues—it works fine for awhile and then has some sort of conflict with Navigraph Data or FsBuild flight plans---you fly half your flight and then at some way -point the program starts to you vector you all around the place just to get back to some way-point that you flew to dead center.

During the past year or so I have also noticed a cursory and abrupt technical support from RC Developers in terms of ansewering answering questions pertaining to program problems (of which there are many)--I have read many posts by upset customers---I am now one of them.

I understand that PFE might be a doable alternative—but from what I can glean of the program it is lacking in real world chatter---that is one of RC's real solid attributes!

Does anybody have any thoughts on this subject?

Thanks for reading and for any help pertaining to this subject.

Happy Holidays to All

Dorn Cranert

understand that PFE might be a doable alternative—but from what I can glean of the program it is lacking in real world chatter---that is one of RC's real solid attributes!

Hello

PFE includes Ai based ATC chatter, i.e it talks to the Ai aircraft around you in the same way as Radar contact Ai chatter, but it sounds a lot nicer than RC in my opinion

I use the Ai chatter in Radar Contact but always turn off the pre recorded chatter which just gets repetitive after a while.

As soon as PRO ATC gets Ai based chatter and the ability to have its text output displayed on a networked machine then I am buying that one.

Thanks to you two Guys,

---Wims I am not a real fan of Vatsim--It's a little too hit and miss and too many controllers are not well trained--the talk is sometimes lots of fun but it is not realistic--

Mad dog --Thanks! I will give PFE a try---

Cheers

Dorn

I just bought PFE and the AI chatter is superb. Much better then RC4 imo, which I've used for a long time up till now.

Thanks AJ---good information from somebody who has used RC4 for a long time---Cheer---Dorn

Just to say that I think PFE is a superb addition to any FSX setup - I particularly like the way that ATC always directs me to the correct gate along with audible instructions from my FO to get me there!

Gary

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

PFE? What is that guys.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

PFE includes Ai based ATC chatter, i.e it talks to the Ai aircraft around you in the same way as Radar contact Ai chatter, but it sounds a lot nicer than RC in my opinion

Aren't these the same ATC chatter programs? I know RC uses ATC Real as it was basically developed for that program and Enviro!. Not sure about PFE but believe you have to install ATC chatter (i.e., it doesn't come with the program) and I think ATC Real is about the only chatter program that is all together and you don't have to go around and find various ATC wav files.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Aren't these the same ATC chatter programs?

Hello Jim

No these are not the same chatter programs, both PFE and Radar contact have the ability to "talk" to the Ai aircraft around you

So if you have Ai aircraft in the sky around you, you will hear both PFE and Radar Contact issue instructions to them using the correct call signs, same with ground based traffic.

Neither PFE or RC need any extra files installing all the relevant wav files are included, PFE also has an extra voice pack available for purchase and also one free pack for download

This is a different concept to the pre recorded chatter files that PRO ATC and RealATC uses which are only there for background ambience, Radar contact can also play those but most folk turn them off as they get repetitive.

The dialog between PFE and also Radar Contact and your Ai reflects what is going on around your aircraft, in the case of PFE the accents also change as you traverse across different regions, so crossing from England to France you will hear the accents of the controllers change to reflect the airspace you are flying through.

Once Pro ATC has the ability to talk dynamically to the Ai and not just play background pre-recorded wavs I will be buying it for sure, that is all that is missing now apart from the ability to display its dialog on a networked machine, hopefully this will happen soon.

If it's just the chatter aspect, I use Enviro32! that Jim mentioned, (free), along with a huuuuuge batch of sound files I bought for $5.

http://realatc.net/RealATC.htm

(Don't be put off by the ugly website - the files are superb; ATIS, Ground, Clearance, Tower, Approach, the lot!)

PFE Chatter as said does talk to your AI a/c and they reply with their accents be it S. African, French, American, German, etc etc. Likewise ATC accents are of the country from which they speak. When I decided to install an ATC programme over that of the default I was I'm afraid immediately put off by the robotic sounds of RC4. Even the default is more realistic!

In PFE one of the Italian voices is almost identical to that of a controller in my local tower!

One tip with PFE is to "only" use the kernel programme PF2000 for the FP generation. Use PFE for everything else.

If it's just the chatter aspect, I use Enviro32! that Jim mentioned

hello

No, it is not just the chatter aspect, I do not want to hear pre-recorded wav files looping in the background that bear no relation to what is going on around my aircraft, what I want and both PFE and Radar Contact provide it, is a dynamic ATC environment that talks not only to you, but also to the other aircraft around you.

An ATC program that talks only to the player and relies on pre-recorded chatter for ambiance is a step backwards, hopefully PRO ATC will address this soon, as looping chatter files is just too repetitive and cheesy.

No these are not the same chatter programs, both PFE and Radar contact have the ability to "talk" to the Ai aircraft around you

Thanks Mad Dog for the explanation. The AI chatter ability you talk about is a bit more realistic and not really my cup-of-tea as I'm not looking for that much realism. As long as I 'feel' like I'm in the environment, I'm happy! I use AI Smooth right now for my AI chatter (in ProATC) and the controller on that program keeps the AI that are around me away from my aircraft (most of the time). I like the fact it keeps aircraft off my flight path and runways until I takeoff or land. I know though that there are many flight simmers who would like a lot more realism when flying and that's good for the developers out there! I know the developers of ProATC are working on this capability of interactions with AI but I will be shocked if it works as it is a very complicated process. Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10