Sign in to follow this  
ENergy

Pilot's EHIS Heading Bug Adjustment

The heading bug adjustment for the EHSI is located on the autopilot on the console between the pilot and copilot seats. I can press this knob and make the heading bug set to the current heading, but I have been unable to figure out how to adjust the heading left or right. What am I missing? Of course I can do this via the co-pilot's HSI.

Thanks,

Jim :-)

Jim Parkinson

Hi all,

I can turn the heading adjustment knob on the AP by using the scroll button on the mouse.

But somehow The heading bug on the EHIS will not move at all.

It does move however when using the synchronize to actual course button.

I tried all settings on the EFIS panel, to no avail.

Am I missing something?

Pls. advise,

THX,

Bert

That is strange... can you adjust the Course with the Course button?

Can you adjust the Heading bug with the co-pilot's HSI knob?

Bert

Hi all,

I can turn the heading adjustment knob on the AP by using the scroll button on the mouse.

But somehow The heading bug on the EHIS will not move at all.

It does move however when using the synchronize to actual course button.

I tried all settings on the EFIS panel, to no avail.

Am I missing something?

Pls. advise,

THX,

Bert

If you have EFIS on a second screen the heading bug will not move when scrolling the knob, but if you move EFIS to main screen it works.

Hi all,

I've followed your advise.

Still the heading bug will not move while scrolling the Heading selector knob on the AP. It turns allright though, but on the HSI the bug won't move.

The heading and course knobs on the EFIS panel work ok and the course line and heading bug move accordingly on the HSI.

Also the co-pilots HSI course and heading knobs do the job allright and they move both course indicator and heading bug.

The big round one on the AP just won't move the heading bug. I can do without, but stil....

Thanks for your support,

Best regards, Bert

Also when I keep the EFIS / AP window on the main screen, the bug won't move.

Hi all,

I've followed your advise.

Still the heading bug will not move while scrolling the Heading selector knob on the AP. It turns allright though, but on the HSI the bug won't move.

The heading and course knobs on the EFIS panel work ok and the course line and heading bug move accordingly on the HSI.

Also the co-pilots HSI course and heading knobs do the job allright and they move both course indicator and heading bug.

The big round one on the AP just won't move the heading bug. I can do without, but stil....

Thanks for your support,

Best regards, Bert

Also when I keep the EFIS / AP window on the main screen, the bug won't move.

The big round one on the AP is not the heading knob.. the one on the EFIS panel is, I believe.

If someone has a real world Pilot's Guide to this particular model autopilot, I would love to see it,

since there are a number of things about this autopilot's operation that I do not understand..

Bert

Right clicking on the big round one says "knob turn autopilot"? Small indicators L and R do not respond.

I do remember having read "Heading selector knob" somewhere??

Scrolling left and right do turn my Yoke slightly when the AP is ON. (perhaps this is caused by wrongly assigned hardware. still working on my FSUIPC skills))

Looking at the actual gauge code, it would appear that the mouse wheel can be applied to this

"big knob" to initiate a turn - which will continue until the the wheel is set back to it's middle position.

If you fly in ALT hold mode with HDG hold, and then turn off HDG, you can use this knob to turn the airplane, although on my system it turns in the opposite direction of what the markings indicate..

Bert

Hi Guys:

I'm having the same problem. I'm am old FS'er, have a new up to date custom built PC just for FS. I can't change heading or course on the pop up window or the pedestal. However, I can change them both on the co-pilot panel. I'm not having any problem with any other dial or instrument. I have the FS9 Aeroworx Super King Air B200 with (I think the same Auto Pilot instrument) and am having no problem with it. So, I'm thing Carenado has a software problem with their King Air.

Any help, suggestions or recommendations would & will be greatly appreciated. I really want this King Air to be as good as advertised, other wise (IMO) I've just wasted my purchase price. This aircraft is meant to be flown with the use of the autopilot, without all its functions, what ever realism was intended is again (IMO) lost.

Thanks

Cantagre

Hi Guys:

I'm having the same problem. I'm am old FS'er, have a new up to date custom built PC just for FS. I can't change heading or course on the pop up window or the pedestal. However, I can change them both on the co-pilot panel. I'm not having any problem with any other dial or instrument. I have the FS9 Aeroworx Super King Air B200 with (I think the same Auto Pilot instrument) and am having no problem with it. So, I'm thing Carenado has a software problem with their King Air.

Any help, suggestions or recommendations would & will be greatly appreciated. I really want this King Air to be as good as advertised, other wise (IMO) I've just wasted my purchase price. This aircraft is meant to be flown with the use of the autopilot, without all its functions, what ever realism was intended is again (IMO) lost.

Thanks

Cantagre

Are you using the mouse wheel? That works for me.

• Upvote 1

Bert

I finally just ended up using FSUIPC to assign some keyboard keys to adjust heading and course (left/right coarse 10-degrees, fine 1 degree), and altitude (up/down 1000 foot and 100 foot increments.) Made life simpler and the plane much more fun to fly. -- Jim :-)

Jim Parkinson

I see no amendments to this post in almost a year. Just got the B200 and I'm having the some problem turning the heading bug. I can move the dial on the EFIS panel with my mouse wheel, but the heading bug does not change. I've tried everything I can think of, but can find no way of adjusting the heading bug except for using the co-pilot seat. For now, this is a usable workaround because I'm using the EZCA add-on and I can move over to that seat and back pretty quick.

It would be nice if I could do it from the pilot seat, however. If anyone has any further suggestions on how to get it working, I'd appreciate it.