Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

On 6/14/2017 at 1:29 PM, hhbrbg said:

The fix should be out for v 11.10...

So we've got a while to go.

11 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

So we've got a while to go

Hi Mountain Man,

lets snap two times with our fingers and it's Christmas again. Time runs too quick for my taste.

Tom

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Great news.   I have been living with my XP11 having an epileptic seizure since I got the beta.   It will be nice to have the ground not vibrating anymore and also, as someone who suffers the HUGE pause with ortho loading, this is really really good news.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I think 11.10 is coming this Summer sometime IIRC from the Laminar presentation slides at FlightSimCon, no?

5 minutes ago, irrics said:

I think 11.10 is coming this Summer sometime IIRC from the Laminar presentation slides at FlightSimCon, no?

Yeah. I think the 11.01/11.02 releases where just clean up. We aren't going to see 11.05/06, etc. 11.10 will come soon.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Yeah. I think the 11.01/11.02 releases where just clean up. We aren't going to see 11.05/06, etc. 11.10 will come soon.

Can't wait - It's amazing how disruptive and experience ruining this shaking grounds thing can be..

Great news to see this is going to be fixed. Also as Captain K stated any improvement to loading times on the Ortho would be most welcome.

• Upvote 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

17 hours ago, bonchie said:

we are going to see 11.05. See slide 138-142:

On 6/15/2017 at 3:53 PM, Kuragiman said:

Great news.   I have been living with my XP11 having an epileptic seizure since I got the beta.   It will be nice to have the ground not vibrating anymore and also, as someone who suffers the HUGE pause with ortho loading, this is really really good news.

Here's a glass of beer...now that you've raised it...let the both of us, toast! :)

Mitch

One downside of the fix is that we can no longer get a low view for neat screenshots.  I know that's not an issue for a lot of people.  But for instance... this is the lowest I can get on the ground for a camera angle with the new fix:

notaslow.jpg

And on the old system... I could get a bit beneath the horizon for a nice angle

b419xp11.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

One downside of the fix is that we can no longer get a low view for neat screenshots.  I know that's not an issue for a lot of people.  But for instance... this is the lowest I can get on the ground for a camera angle with the new fix:

That's hardly a downside considering what it fixes.

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

And on the old system... I could get a bit beneath the horizon for a nice angle

Ryan, the fix is not out yet, so I doubt the minimal camera height is related.

Pascal

Oh there is a change to my cameras - maybe unrelated - good to know!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |