Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

Regretful purchases for FSX

Over the months and years we all collect and purchase a wide variety of add-ons. They sometimes are not what we expect. Maybe it was an unproven developer, bugs, too high a price, or just an awful product!

What was your least favourite add-on maybe you have more than one?

Mine are::

Iris F-22…..Not sure why I got this anyway, its not my style but very poor and buggy

CaptainSim 767……My god!!! I never experienced such rubbish, awful pay-ware :angry: ( My Opinion )

FSDT KORD……… I love FSDT just something missing with the KORD package.All the rest are amazing.

Traffic X………..CTD every few minutes it had to go!

Again there is no wrong answers here, there all based on our own opinions which we are all entitled

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

-Perfect Flight for Ifly- not what it seemed, very poor product

-FSNavigator- Ipad developer disappeared

As much as I think FS2Crew is an amazing product, it's just not my thing having someone doing all the fun stuff for me, but it's very realistic.

Alexis Mefano

You buy it... It's actually really rubbish, it takes you a while to realise. It's because all the hype sucked you in and other 'users' positive comments because they too couldn't come to terms with parting with hard earned $ for something that falls well below expectations. It's called life lol lecture over!

You mean regretted purchases, not regretful - the purchases themselves are not filled with remorse. :P :wink:

I have a number of add-ons I no longer use, but the only one I really regret buying is the Alphasim B-24. Its an aircraft I've always been interested in, but the model was just dreadful.

Stephen, a cracking idea for a thread !

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Stephen, would there be a way to render your post more useful? It comes in like a rant and, if you get CTDs on your system, even a sad one. :mellow: Ventilating frustration?

We may agree that a thread starting like that may not end well, or at least helpful for readers. And I have yet to see helpful posts including the words 'rubbish' or 'poor and buggy'. I think you can do better. :smile:

You mean regretted purchases, not regretful - the purchases themselves are not filled with remorse. :P :wink:

Haha. Good point.

• Upvote 1

You mean regretted purchases, not regretful - the purchases themselves are not filled with remorse

Ah mate do not embarrass me with that. :blush:

There is your lesson for today kids, stay in school. :P

Seriously though thanks Paul I never even noticed that

• Upvote 2

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

AlphaSim/Virtavia HU-16 Albatross

JustFlight DC-3

Nementh Designs EC-120

Vertigo Studios Stearman

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

CoolP, I think Stephen's thread will be very useful for more than a few people. Of course, it could turn into product bashing, which isn't good. Just need to keep some level of maturity in the responses.

I don't have any flight sim stuff that was rubbish or poor and buggy, but I've bought other games in the past that were.

Hook

• Upvote 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Till this thread gets deleted, how about no inputs from others, just state YOUR opinion and move on.

Regrets? I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention. I regret getting collectors disease over Carenado stuff. I came to my senses with the last three offerings. That's not to say they're all bad, but all but the best have been consigned to the storage depot.

£100 worth of VFR Horizon, not for me or my type of flying.

Fortunately, Flight1 has saved me from quite a few mistakes.

All told though, not too terrible.....expensive, but you've got to spend it on something!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Of course, it could turn into product bashing, which isn't good. Just need to keep some level of maturity in the responses.

You name it, Sir. Regarding the later outcome, I'm as excited as you are. :Peace: Nice experiment.

Perhaps it helps to not only add product names, but to describe why you regretted the purchase. The most common mistake people make is to describe their feelings instead of the product. This leads South, especially when the strong words are all there is.

So, describe the product, not your emotions. :smile:

Fortunately, Flight1 has saved me from quite a few mistakes.

Nice point, Ron. One can't praise that try before you (really) buy system enough.

Stephen, would there be a way to render your post more useful? It comes in like a rant and, if you get CTDs on your system, even a sad one. :mellow: Ventilating frustration?

We may agree that a thread starting like that may not end well, or at least helpful for readers. And I have yet to see helpful posts including the words 'rubbish' or 'poor and buggy'. I think you can do better. :smile:

Haha. Good point.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean, It’s not a rant nor am I looking for solutions for problems.

I was just asking members what pay-ware they regret purchasing.

Its not trying to be an in-depth thread on individual products and associated problems. We’ll save that for another day ^_^

Stephen

AFS-Design Airbus A350. Where was my head? It's just... BAD.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11