Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

Regretful purchases for FSX

More disapointment than regret...Bought Eiresim Irish Airports (3) as a download. It was several weeks before I tried to install same. Only to find the Activation Server was no longer active. :bad: Luckily they were low cost purchases so no big hit. But very annoying all the same.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

FSPassengers is my most regretted. Overpriced and in the end all I wanted was cabin announcements. Probs my fault for not researching it enough =(.

• Upvote 1

Ariane 738

Iris DA-42, C-27 Spartan (I try to fly it every now and then, though, but with little or not success), F15 (but only because a few days after I bought it, the Milviz version appeared, which IMHO is way better)

Aerosoft AirbusX, that one was very buggy and still is. I just hope that neither of the two Airbuses to be released "soon" are that full of bugs!

That's about it, except maybe for a few sceneries, which I bought, and then never used them, because they are way off my usual flying routes.

Regards,

Flo

CLS A330/340 Absolute worst MegasceneryEarth California!!! Epic LT Lionheart

One mans trash another mans treasure :lol: I love MegasceneryEarth California, use it all the time as a training aid for my real world California flying (with a few BlueSky tiles mixed in to get better color uniformity) My worst add on is probably the Carenado Cessna T182T, but I'm sure a lot of people enjoy it. Very subjective thread obviously.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Captain sim 757. What was I thinking...

Fspassengers for fsx - a port over from fs9 with nothing new.

Wilco airbus evolution + upgrade; what actually evolved? We went back in time.

Ill be different now and leave something positive to balance out the negative.

My most PRIZED purchases:

Anything PMDG

Any FSDT sceneries

Any Flightbeam sceneries

Level-D 767 even if its outdated now

REX

EZDOK

Trackir 5

FSBuild

FSCaptain

...and my #1 fsx purchase of all time:

FSUIPC. Pete Dowson deserves a Nobel. The functionality is immeasurable.

• Upvote 1

1) Abacus 787....Needs no explanation.

2) Aerosoft Cape Canaveral...I think FSX default may actually be better...

3) Every rendition of the F-22 I have ever paid for.

4) PMDG 747 (I like the MD-11 a lot more, I bought the 747 after the MD-11 so that probably has something to do with it)

5) LDS 767...This one just doesn't get my "juices" flowing, I don't know why.

6) AS2012 (REX Essentials+ w/ OD killed it for me)

Luckily I'm such a control freak that I research things and procrastinate to such a ridiculous degree that I can't really say I have a single regretted FSX purchase!

• Upvote 1

Luckily I'm such a control freak that I research things and procrastinate to such a ridiculous degree that I can't really say I have a single regretted FSX purchase!

Wow, Shame on you, lack spontinaity with you wallet.

• Upvote 1

Wilco A400M

Now that you mention it, I remember having bought that plane, too. And I also regret it very much, what a waste of money!

• Upvote 1

Regret may be too strong, but the Dreamfleet Dakota was the only addon I had that couldn't make the transition to Win 7 x64. It did have a problem for me of the aft position light not showing correctly, but it still was good to fly while I was on XP.

scott s.

- Wilco CRJ Next Gen. (just terrible. Totally flawed AP that cannot hold VS or Speed).

- Aerosoft Airbus X (the most fundamentally flawed Aerosoft product I've ever bought).

- CLS .... I've fallen for nice screenshots so many times only to find the product is really sub-par... and they never use key bindings, which is frustrating.

- Captain Sim 757 / 767 ........ Done with CS now after those too.

.........but these 'regrets' represent about 0.5% of total addons I've bought, so overall ...... I'm happy! :smile:

DA - Fokker 70/100 - Still waiting for it to be finished but I doubt it will ever be.

Wilco B737 Evo - They took a good product (considering its age) and ruined it.

I have others I don't use any more but those I regret purchasing.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti