Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

Regretful purchases for FSX

Online is not my bag, so I've been waiting for a realistic and user friendly ATC add on.

Tried PFE - not impressed, RC4 has the technical realism, but has robotic voices and it barks at you if you do not execute its instructions in short order, VoxATC I never did get the demo working, so didn't purchase.

Keeping my eye on the progress of PRO ATC (Which has already been knocked on this thread). So we will see if I get lucky eventually.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The F1 Mustang was my biggest disappointment since it was so beautiful and I had such high hopes for it. But alas I could never finish a flight without a crash. It was a plane before its time however and I may give it another go with my recent IB build. Cheers jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

The problem with High Resolution Mesh is FSX got many airport altitudes wrong, and Airport Altitude has priority over the terrain, which has the correct altitude for the area, so the airport stays over that horrible Plateau, unless you modify the Airport for the correct altitude, which would be the right thing to do, but takes knowledge, or you smooth the terrain around the airport to eliminate the plateau, easier, but not so realistic.

Alexis Mefano

Hi jjjallen - did you try to get support for your issue? I only ask because the Flight 1 Mustang made my top 3 list for aircraft and I fly it regularly and have never had a CTD issue with it. It does have a beautiful VC and I especially enjoy flying shorter hops in Orbx land. I hope you can get it resolved and start enjoying that unique Very Light Jet!

--Don

Don Polidori

I recently purchased the Qualitywings 757 to replace my CaptainSim 757, and unfortunately I have to say that I regret both purchases. The QW is just too dumbed-down to be enjoyable (to me at least, I know others like it), and the CS757 isn't a whole lot better, and still somewhat buggy for me.

Should have stuck with the LevelD 767 and saved my money...

• Upvote 1

Guest flyawayboy777

Ariane 738-9

Abacus a380

Wilco T7

All failed me

My biggest regretable FSX purchase....Far and away has to be Pro Flight Emulator Deluxe.....I keep trying to get it to work. Check the forums, etc....No Way....REMOVED from my drive....$40 gone!!

K. Garner

is the 767 really that bad? what is wrong with it?

For me it's mainly three things:

Firstly, it was kind of heavy on FPS, and the VC textures took forever to load (that was on my old rig, didn't install it on my new one)

Secondly, it's a long haul aircraft, so it should be able to correctly save the panel status, as not everyone wants/can do an eight hours flight in one piece. For me it turned out that after reloading a saved flight with the CS767 somwhere over China on a flight between EGLL and VHHX at FL380, the EICAS showed some weird error messages that could not be removed, no matter what I did, the RAM turbine was displayed as extended, but I couldn retract it, and AP didn't follow the flight plan on VLNAV any longer (if I activated it, the plane yould do nothing but fly circles all the time), I had to fly her in HDG mode for the rest of the flight, which was a bit annoying. This was the last flight in the 767 for me.

And last but not least, as in every product by CS, the documentation is in nearly inexistant! I mean, that might not exactly imortant on the 767, as it has a very similar AP logic as most other newer Boeings, but it was my first FSX addon, so I didn't know too much about flying with FMC and a complex AP system. And for the classic CS planes (707, 727, 737), a good documentation, at least of the autopilot would be necessary, and I do not mean having to download various pdfs from their website after purchase! At least a short description should be included with the installation, so that flying is possible, as long as you don't care for abnormal procedures. But that's just my opinion.

Regards,

Flo

Edited by OE-LAT

Thanks to Camsim's freeware models I've always felt guilty of having ever purchased Abacus' dreaded, oversized 787 package. (When I mean oversized, I'm refering to its visual model and VC design, it's just awful.)

Not to mention Wilco's 777. Nuff said.

Gurnsey, Earth Simulations

Right now I don't have any trees when I select the area. I remember switching back and forth between Orbx and Gurnsey or something.. Now I have forgotten what I did...I have too many add ons to remember these quirks that I have deal with to make certain scenery work.

Moreover, every time I see that linoleum taxiway and runway texture I hate the scenery. Its a very small area, they ought to have paid attention the airport textures as much as they did the other areas of the Island...after all...this is flight simming. Not boat simming...and not train simming.

My good fortune was that I did not purchase all their Island scenery which I was about to do when I saw those pretty screenshots.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

**Captain Sim 727** After numerous tweaks to get it working correctly, turns out if you dont have Accelleration installed the A/P V/S will only work in one direction. So you can climb or descent but never both.....so it makes for interesting flights. I just wish that Dreamfleet would make their 727 for FSX.

FS2Crew for LDS767 and NGX - Love the program but just seems like I use it for a few weeks then stop and do everything myself.

And finally.....Angle of Attack NGX training - They were totally unprepared for the product release and got paid a year a go and we just now almost ready to possible get going with flightwork.....but now I know so much about the NGX I am not sure I need the training.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

All Carenado apart from the 337, more bugs than "I'm a celebrity "

Just flight Comet, flies like a potato!

Air Hauler

Lionheart Epic, terrible flight dynamics

-Iain Watson-

I am pretty happy wih most of my purchases, and I research a lot more than i used to. However,

Abacus CoPilot Pro. this flight planning program was good for me back in the OLD days, and don't know why i thought the newer version for FSX would updated or be any better.

Justflight F-Lite 757. yes, it was free, and I am more of a "lite" flyer, but I somehow bought a couple of the livery packs before realizing how much i disliked the cockpit. As a "lite" type flyer it is frustrating not having any good looking cockpits to buy, and this one was far from it.

I guess that is why I am apparently the only one around here that doesn't regret buying the CS757. Yes, some annoying bugs, but i love the graphics, and I can fly it and land, with only occasional looks at my notes if i haven't flown it in a while. No need to spend half of my available sim time "setting up".

CLS MD80. Once again I was looking for a nice cockpit/model, but not wanting the complexity. I can't say its bad in any way, but I just never fly it.

My Traffic X. Buggy when trying to use any of the extra features, poor interface, didn't care for the AC models. Went back to UT2 and very happy.

FlightSim Developers' (ex-FSD International) Piper Sceneca V. Erratic flightmodel in some cases

CS 727 (FS2002 version) - I was 'tricked' like many others....

I have some products that aren't top notch, but I bought them while 'on sale' and while I was aware what expectations to have.

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////