Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

Regretful purchases for FSX

While i totally agree that piracy is an absolute no go for Music, Software, Movies and all other kind of Media i wondering why there are not so many Demo Versions of Software anymore.

Perhaps not relevant to the flightsim add-on business but food for thought at least.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/13/analyst-game-demos/

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

It still won't load in the waypoints of a SID or STAR into the Legs page, as an example.

You mean, if you go to the Arr/Dep Page on the FMC, click on the Arr or the Dep Airport and select a SID or STAR, as appropriate, the SID/STAR will not load on the LEGS page? Something is wrong if that is happening. If you are trying to manually enter a SID/STAR, I can see why it will not show up in the Legs Page.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You mean, if you go to the Arr/Dep Page on the FMC, click on the Arr or the Dep Airport and select a SID or STAR, as appropriate, the SID/STAR will not load on the LEGS page? Something is wrong if that is happening. If you are trying to manually enter a SID/STAR, I can see why it will not show up in the Legs Page.

Best regards,

Jim

Yes-that's exactly what I'm saying. Maybe one time in 10 it will load in the way points. And I know how to use an FMC. Hours in the LDS 763, the NGX and also the MD11 with it's different logic. I have the lastest AIRAC data as well.

This is just like the flight directors on the older birds - they don't work either. And CS doesn't care because they never fix them. Which is really annoying given it's the gauge you look at the most...

Perfect flight B717

Wilco A380, A400 and Airbus Vol1. Yes, it took me that long!

CS 777, 757 and 727. I should have learned from the past experiences... Guess I still believe in it! :D

Nowadays I always seek someone who has any add-on that I might be interested in and go there to try it first!

Just Flight Mosquito

Just Flight Wildcat

Aerosoft Dutch Harbor (too blurry)

Iris Vulcan (the rapid start procedure was just too slow for me..)

and a few I have luckily completely forgotten about..

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

I bought a Catalina (forget the brand :-) but the old FX9 Mike Stone freeware model beats it hands down for a realistic flight overloaded from Perth to Sri Lanka. The only payware I use now is Don Grovestines Fence Builder. That one is magic, especially with my own fence types modelled. I laid out big money for supposedly fantastic scenery and found the default to be more realistic for my area. Not only that, I was told my airfields were crap until I found out the person involved was building the same model for a payware company. I put mine online anyway and theirs never eventuated. When it comes to the crunch, criticism should be constructive and when I think of the number of developers over the years that have been put off doing anything, we need to be a little tactful.

Alan

5. CLS DC-10. Ugliest VC of a major jetliner.

I agree,they never did fix the transparancy problem in the VC :(

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

You should try Perfect Flight Tristar next time, CLS DC-10 VC looks amazing after flying some time with this.

http://www.fs2000.or...cs/cabin_05.JPG

I'm glad JF Tristar will come out soon.

I think that was the one released with the fan blades showing in the tail engine - like the DC-10. Certainly not as real as it gets...

Well spotted. This chap says he hates pirates but appears not to mind being one. With a huge range of website reviews and extremely frank forum comments on assessments about addons nowadays, it is almost impossible to fail to grasp the qualities or flaws in almost every addon that becomes available.

The worst pirate we had told us that he was "sick and tired of being ripped off by developers" so adopted the idea of try before you buy, but didn't say whether his trying was ever converted to buying. We found out later that he was an exec of a publicly quoted company earning around $150,000 a year. He didn't make it clear whether his own work contribution was on a try him before pay him basis.

I don't know of many developers who would fail to refund if there was a genuine and critical problem, and if there are, then they can be avoided and known about from other forum posts. There has never been a more open and accessible avenue to user critiques than now.

All the best,

Rob - RealAir

Hey Rob - what's up and coming from RealAir? Can't wait in any case.

Regards

Jim Allen

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

These are my purchases to forget:

Aerosoft Airbux X Extended

I installed twice, followed all instructions and could not get the throttles to move more than a little. I don't know why these throttles are so particular in the way they're set up. If FSLabs Concrde and the PMDG NGX get their throttles right, how come this Aerosoft product is such a pain. As of now, I've completely given up on this aircraft.

Flight1 Citation Mustang

It was released with a lot of praise yet hasn't been updated very much. It's fun to fly but kinda bland.

FEX

If only REX didn't exist.

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Hi All

Not a product, but a service - FSGS.

Total waste of £80 plus several hours of time getting my system back to how it was before FSGS got 'their' hands on it...

Regards

These are my purchases to forget:

Aerosoft Airbux X Extended

I installed twice, followed all instructions and could not get the throttles to move more than a little. I don't know why these throttles are so particular in the way they're set up. If FSLabs Concrde and the PMDG NGX get their throttles right, how come this Aerosoft product is such a pain. As of now, I've completely given up on this aircraft.

Flight1 Citation Mustang

It was released with a lot of praise yet hasn't been updated very much. It's fun to fly but kinda bland.

FEX

If only REX didn't exist.

A little strange to say the least... For starters, i'm guessing you didn't bother looking at the AirbusX forum? Many, many people had the throttle issue (including myseld), and it was a very simple fix. Not saying it's a great addon - I'm not best pleased with it. However, to slate it for an EASILY fixed problem does seem a little unfair.

The Citation... Can't comment.