Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

Regretful purchases for FSX

Traffic X

Yup, complete garbage (no CTD's but the models are just wrong and the paints just BLEECH)

It wasn't a purchase, but Microsoft FSX SP2. Before I installed that, I had 3 crashes in 8 months, there were stars in the sky every night, and cockpit lighting was very nice. After installing it I get 3 crashes every 10 flights, the stars are gone, and I have to jump through hoops to see my instruments at dusk and dawn.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Abacus: A380/787... 'THE' worst addon Aircraft I have ever bought for FSX :Period:

Captain Sim: 757/767

Aerosoft AirbusX (First edition)

Iris F22, Looks great but is an awful aircraft for FSX!

Aerosoft: Mega Airport Heathrow

• Upvote 2

My personal only regretted purchase has to be the just flight comet jetliner. It looks nice from outside..... And then the good things end, I'm a VC man through and through and theirs just are a bit too cartoony!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

The key to remember is: If money were meant to be held onto, they'd put handles on it!

• Upvote 5

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

UT2, the only AI traffic program that freezes my plane on approach giving me more time to prepare for landing, it had to go, trafficx worked just fine for me till i moved to mytraffic2010.

Please dont mention Abacus.

Rex weather engine, leaves you hanging in the sky. All of a sudden win speed dropped to zero and i was riding thin air at 40K in heavy iron.

Not even the beautiful looking rex texture clouds could stop that iron from the ground.

CLS stuff is good for what it is, simple addon a/c.

Abacus A380 and 787

Captain Sim 757

Wilco 737 and A320 series

(im)Perfect Flight L1011 Tristar

Just Flight VLJ

Just Flight Traffic

Ariane flippin 737 that cost €90 and I couldn't get through the registration!!!

Captain Sim 777 (I know its still on 0.9)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

ariane 737 was my only regrettable purchase

• Upvote 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Wilco CRJ Next Generation was a huge letdown for me. All around poor design and the only addon that was worse than the default FSX version.

Some very interesting stuff coming up here, and its refreshing to read the antidote to the usual hallelujah chorus.

Ron Attwood - yes the Carenado collection compulsion :lol: I hear you!

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

There have been a few both CLS products I own the DC-10 and 747-200/300. I really missed having the 742 and the DC-10 was the only decent looking one for FS. The DC-10 wasn't terrible the742 is horrible.

I also purchased the Wilco ERJS the 175 and 190. I think they are probably pretty good the thing is I haven't flown it yet. I was planning on adding some ERJ flying lately but haven't at all. I recently purchased the PMDG MD-11 on sale thankfully have not regretted that one even though its an older add on. I have a few planned purchases coming up soon but I think those 3 the CLS and ERJ are the ones I wish I never made.

I have the cap sim 767 and C-130 which I do not fly much but I got them for a really low price on a big sale so it was worth it.

I hesitate to join this thread because I also fear that it will turn into a bunch of rants and I don't want to be party to that. So I'll tell a story with a happy ending. In the first year or two of Active Sky, I just hated it. I totally regretted that purchase, and absolutely despised having to go on to their customer support forums, and having to deal with them. But since it was really the only game in town, I stuck it out, and the good news is that this program has undergone an evolution, over several versions...it is now a well working program, and I'm a very satisfied customer, so no more regrets.

Some very interesting stuff coming up here, and its refreshing to read the antidote to the usual hallelujah chorus.

That comment made me laugh! Many times I feel like I'm the only one who hates something :lol:

AFS Design Airbus Industrie, very buggy and wasn't exactly what product texts promised & horrible support.

Abacus 787 & A380, bought them when I was new to FS and didn't know to avoid their airplane products, they do have some good programs though.

Wilco A400M, so buggy and all.

Ariane 737-800, (bought way before Ifly and PMDG 737NG were out), totally overpriced, bad support, annoying activation system.