Anything I've purchased through Abacus many years ago

Iris F-22

Iris C-27J

Virtavia AH-64A

Virtavia KA-50 Black Shark

Ariane C-40

Nemeth Designs EC-120

Wilco Harrier

Aerosoft HueyX (beautifully modeled but didn't work with my joystick and I'm not a fan of changing a bunch of stuff around to make it work..)

Aerosoft DA-20 Katana

-Damien

PMDG 737 NGX. Wonderful, terrific product, but I don't have time to use it with (now) two small kids running around.

FS2 Crew MD-11 edition - More of a hindrance than assistance

Drzwiecki Design Miami City 2012 - brought my system to a crawl

Some purchases just don't turn out to match the type of flying I like to do.....MCE being the biggest purchase that just didn't quite fit.

I have to say since PMDG and A2A have stepped up their game to separate themselves so far from everyone else, everything I buy now just makes me disappointed and bored very quickly. I wish they all were accusimmed!

• Upvote 1

hmm, addons I regret purchasing, let's see.

Couple from Pacific Islands Simulation due to bad design method of not eliminating the shadows on the custom trees, looks really bad and turning off shadows isn't an option for me.

German Airfields 1 island Hopping from Aerosoft, horrible performance and sparser 3D than the promo images showed.

FranceVFR - Martinque + Guadeloupe Bundle since it was before i really knew much about photoreal scenery and found the resolution to be unacceptable.

And FTX YSTW Tamworth Airport mainly because i had horrible performance with it when released, probably better now with updates but I rarely fly downunder anymore.

Addon that gets the most use, Nemeth/Milviz Huey, love the VC.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Again, in the spirit of not singling out any one product or developer, I can say that I've had regretable purchases from almost all the flight sim companies...Feelthere, A2A, Captain Sim, Carenado. Sometimes, but not always so, the products were poor, but sometimes the products were good, I just didn't feel the magic with them. There is only one company that I have never had a regretable purchase from. I've never gotten a plane from PMDG that didn't make everything else pale by comparison. I don't always like their attitude towards customers, and actually I think some of the customers themselves are a bit nuts, but I've never seen anything like how good their planes are. I've had some of their planes for years and still have not managed to explore all of their depth; As far as I'm concerned, planes that they made half a decade ago would still handily beat anything else out there by even the best of the 'other' developers. It was with some sadness that I recently uninstalled the 747 Queen due to disuse and ...but it is okay, there is another one coming to fill the hole :P

You buy it... It's actually really rubbish, it takes you a while to realise. It's because all the hype sucked you in and other 'users' positive comments because they too couldn't come to terms with parting with hard earned $ for something that falls well below expectations. It's called life lol lecture over!

Poor lecture ..... i have never heard anyone call making a purchase "life". :-)

Everything from ImagineSim, CLS and Captain Sim. FSGenesis (sunken/plateau airport nightmare).

• Upvote 2

All of them because now I have no life outside of FS. :rolleyes:

I've had many addons and some aren't installed but not because I dislike them.... just because they had their glory years....

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What was your least favourite add-on maybe you have more than one?

FeelThere ERJ V2. It's a great plane in many ways, but between the Incredible Hulk green and the terrible night lighting, the fact you can't switch the night lights on when you want to, I find myself never using it. In part this is also because I almost always to dawn/dusk flights where this becomes troublesome. The fact several folks complained about this on deaf ears leaves me with a bad enough taste in me mug to get it out there one more time!

The ORBX Lancair is not me cup o tea either, but I understand others like it.

All this said--sure glad there are lots of devs out there as it makes the hobby very worthwhile w/ lots to look forward to ;o)

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X