Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 11/25 Crashed Liberator

We get to hunt for another crash site. Some members have mentioned they have seen this one already so it shouldn't be a challenge for them.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Don't go searching too far afield. It's near the airport. Of course, flying around the west end of the island is pretty scenic. Ask me how I know. :D

Oh... and this puts me at 187 aerocaches and 3,000,199 points. But who's counting? :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

It`s still not there where it is in real life.

There was a challenge a few month ago to find those. At that time it was also on the wrong geographical position.

But at least we have Aerocaches again ;)

There was a challenge a few month ago to find those. At that time it was also on the wrong geographical position.

Yeah, I remember researching that at the time. I just went looking in the wrong location... where it *should* have been. :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

It appeared as soon as I loaded up the cache while I was still at the end of the runway! Nice one to get though.

The DC3 looked more like a Beech D-18 with a single tail and so does the liberator. Or maybe a Cessna Bobcat, does it say Song Bird on the nose? At least it could have had 4 engines and 3 blade props. Once again it is a ghost, you can walk right through it.

Well that ain`t no Liberator that`s for sure! The Liberator was a high winged , four engined aircraft as I`m sure we all know. This is a low winged , twin engine job. I wish when they say it`s a Liberator cache that they would use a Liberator.

Anyone interested in an intriguing true story should google "B-24 Lady be good." Probably the best documented crash of a B-24 and the insuring mystery surrounding it's discovery.

Steve