Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

X-Plane 64bit Scenery

I have a confession, I can't stand my sister in law, Shes visiting for the holday along with her brood. So I banished myself to my man cave and made a video with the XP10 64 beta. (Yea my wifes not too happy with me right now!)

Im not really good at videos, but I am having fun testing out 64 bit with the default F4 Phantom. Here is a short video I made over the holiday weekend, flying over some of my favorite sceneries. Shown here, is a combo of payware, default, freeware and converted FSX sceneries. Since I wanted it to just be about scenery, Its all just foward view with no cockpit to get in the way.

Rob

That was awesome Comanche, sterling effort B) I really enjoyed watching. Almost makes we want to ditch my FSX for XP10 now :P

Too bad that the best scenery for xplane is converted fsx scenery-wish that would change!

Too bad that the best scenery for xplane is converted fsx scenery-wish that would change!

I wouldn't say that. Unfortunately, current rules don't allow me to say what scenery is considered the best for X-Plane.

And it is not converted.

Unfortunately, current rules don't allow me to say what scenery is considered the best for X-Plane.

What rule(s) are not allowing you to say what scenery is best? Unless you ARE part of the development of said scenery, which would be advertising and against the rules, there is nothing stopping you from having an opinion.

What rule(s) are not allowing you to say what scenery is best? Unless you ARE part of the development of said scenery, which would be advertising and against the rules, there is nothing stopping you from having an opinion.

The publisher I sell through, also sells the scenery (two of them, in fact).

I was warned not to "advertise" my publishers products, as well as my own.

Personally, I think it's kinda cheesy to mention my own stuff with advertising being a hidden agenda.

I wouldn't do that even if I was permitted to.

Well I've bought what is available and the FSX conversion is the most realistic in my opinion.. And I think that is a shame...since it seems they could make a legal xpane scenery that would blow te Xplane world away...

Well I've bought what is available and the FSX conversion is the most realistic in my opinion.. And I think that is a shame...

I guess it's subjective. Some people say FlyTampa is the best. Others say FSDT. Others say Aerosoft. At least it's great to have a choice.

I still wouldn't think it's a shame. I actually think it's fantastic that an FSX scenery conversion can be done at all, to please people, such as yourself, who may show an interest in X-Plane and don't feel they "wasted" their money on an FSX product should they wish to add X-Plane to their simming.

Not sure te FSX conversion is " legal" -and I like to do things by the book.

Not sure any FSX conversion is " legal" -and I like to do things by the book.?.kinda odd since said company supports Xplane yet doesn't provide such scenery.

Great movie Rob!

Here are just a few native X-Plane scenery packages that I feel compare favorably with anything FSX has to offer.

Willmington International Airport, Available at X-Aviation

Car_C152II_4-1.png

Car_C152II_5-1.png

Helsinki Malmi by Truscenery

Car_C152II_5-2.png

Car_C152II_2-2.png

Car_C152II_6-1.png

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice vid indeed, are you using beach maxx textures or cloud addons?

Thanks

Flo

Few is the operative word. In my case I am less interested in single airports and most interested in cities.