Sign in to follow this  
Nane

Elevator Trim not working properly!

Hello!

When i set two of my joystick buttons to adjust the elevator trim i get no respons in the cockpit. I can spin the wheel with the mouse, and i can assign an axsis to the wheel, but the hotkeys on the joystick or simply keyboard keys wont work. I change the keys for "elevator trim up/down" under controls. Everything else works fine. I didnt have this problem with Windows 7 it is new with Windows 8. But i dont think it has anything to do with the OS because FSX works really well apart from that. Perhaps im just missing a simple step?

Thanks for your help.

Take it you have the repeat set high?

I have had both low and high.

Are you using fsforce software?

No, i am not.

Strange...

NGX simulates some cutout features wich disconnect electric actuation of the trim in the opposite direction of the elevator command.

For example, if you pull the control column to pitch up, the pitch down command of the trim is inhibited as a protection. Maybe you inverted trim up/down buttons?

If not, I have no other possible reasons. Maybe someone with win8 can help you if the problem is SO related.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

When i set two of my joystick buttons to adjust the elevator trim i get no respons in the cockpit.

Just a side note. The 737 elevator does not trim. Your actually trimming the stabilizer. :rolleyes:

I would be very grateful if someone with Windows 8 could reply to this topic and confirm whether this is a problem or not.

Thanks for all the replys so far.

Hello

One recommendation which works great at least for me. I deleted the Axis assignment of the elevator trim and instead assigned it under "Buttons" to the coolie hat "up" and "down" buttons. The adjustment is a lot more responsive and predictable now. Unfortunately, I don't get it right to work for aileron trim with "left" and "right" coolie hat. I constantly have to trim to compensate the torque without finding a stable trim set. I understand the torque effect at a single engine prop but even the default Beech Baron 58 banks a lot (in my opinion). Is that banking correct although its a double engine prop (equalization of torque)?

Regards

Hirschi

Sorry, just got it working. The PMDG needs to have electrical power to get it working. I had only been testing it in the cold and dark state!

Sorry, just got it working. The PMDG needs to have electrical power to get it working. I had only been testing it in the cold and dark state!

D'oh! :O

Good to hear you have it 'working' though.

I understand the torque effect at a single engine prop but even the default Beech Baron 58 banks a lot

the Baron does not have counter rotating props, so P factor is stronger.

Jay

I am new to the MS Simulator X. My Son gave it to me for Christmas. Problem!! I cannot get the trim function to work. Pushing button 7 or 1 with the Num lock off does nothing. Just searching around I found that pressing Ctl-T got the trim to move but when I released the 7 button the trim went immediately to up 18.5 degrees. What am I missing? By the way, I'm flying the Cessna 172.

I am new to the MS Simulator X. My Son gave it to me for Christmas. Problem!! I cannot get the trim function to work. Pushing button 7 or 1 with the Num lock off does nothing. Just searching around I found that pressing Ctl-7 got the trim to move but when I released the 7 button the trim went immediately to up 18.5 degrees. What am I missing? By the way, I'm flying the Cessna 172.

Hey - welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing you landed in this thread because you used the search function, which I actually appreciate very much.  This is the subforum for a particular aircraft that is definitely very different from the C172, unfortunately.

Your question would be best asked in the generic part of this forum for FSX-related issues in general:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/121-ms-fsx-forum/

That's not to say someone might not answer the question here, but you might have a better shot over there!  Good luck.

Kyle Rodgers

I deleted the Axis assignment of the elevator trim and instead assigned it under "Buttons" to the coolie hat "up" and "down" buttons. The adjustment is a lot more responsive and predictable now.

Sounds like an interesting use of the coolie hat... Never thought of this. I'll give it a try right now.

Thanks AVSIM forum!

Greetings,

Claus