Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Statement on Roy Chaffin's website

Please quote the section of the RCS statement you interpret as giving permission to publish Roy's private e-mails,which contain the agreement. All I see is a denial that they exist - which is another in his litany of lies.Get me permission and I'll publish them immediately.BTW, the Mid Atlantic Air Museum is a registered non-profit educational institution. There are no fat cats there, and everything earned, including all the proceeds from MAAM-SIM sales, is poured back into the restration projects, such as the P-61 Black Widow. I would suggest before you make innuendos about money grubbbing, you might want to become familiar with the parties. None of the four of us (now six), the MAAM-SIM developers, take any money, so don't give me that Saint Roy stuff! Everything he does aims at promoting himself and his art business - he has told me so. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Hamblyhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Bill!"(...) Please quote the section of the RCS statement you interpret as giving permission to publish Roy's private e-mails,which contain the agreement (...)"Alrighteeoh! This is the part of the Statement on the RCS site that I believe you need:"(...) The numerous communications between Rambow, MAAM and ourselves also serve to back up everything I say, and MAAM are welcome to make them all public if they wish (...)""(...) Get me permission and I'll publish them immediately (...)"Well, it seems you've got it, so I guess you can go ahead.Jaap Verduijn. (Edited by me, in order to remove HTML tags. Although HTML is enabled on this forum, I can't get it to work. J.V.)

Guest jaapverduijn

I forgot to mention, Bill, that I have not, do not, and will not, accuse you and your team of money-grabbing. On the contrary: just like everybody here I know perfectly well that the proceeds of your add-ons go to the upkeep of the MAAM fleet, which is a worthy cause to which I gladly have contributed and will in future keep contributing. I trust that your remarks about accusing you of money-grabbing (although you put them in a reply to me) are not directed towards me but towards those they SHOULD be directed to. Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Ahh!!! Sorry, I assumed that the statement on the RCS page was identical to that issued yesterday by the RCS spokesman, Simon Evans (and that should tell you something!) This section has been added, much to my surprise and delight - either that or I am going blind, which I doubt, although I am going for new glasses in three hours.Wonderful! Give me a few minutes to put it all together. Some of them are in the form of scans of printed copies of Roy's letters to Russ. It would be an extremely long post, so I will put it in a word doc and upload to our FTP site. I will be back ASAP with the URL. Please bear with me and you will get absolutely everything.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Hamblyhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Bill!I didn't even know Simon had send Roy's statement also to you and/or MAAM. As far as I know he has only sent it as a press release to a select few "internet FS-forum moguls" like Tom Allensworth who, contrary to his repeated promise, doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry to publish it here on AVSIM. But of course you may have obtained the statement from Tom instead of Simon, which doesn't matter or make any difference anyway. The main thing is that you have it, and that Roy gives you full permission to publish whatever you need to publish. We'll finally get to know what the contents of the written agreement are.Jaap Verduijn.

>As far as I know he has only sent it as a press>release to a select few "internet FS-forum moguls" like Tom>Allensworth who, contrary to his repeated promise, doesn't>seem to be in much of a hurry to publish it here on AVSIM. The RCS Statement by Roy Chaffin is on the front page of Avsim.

Guest jaapverduijn

Ah, serves me right for not looking every few minutes! Thanks!Jaap Verduijn.

Once again, you have your facts wrong. The "statement" was released by Simon Evans yesterday afternoon, purported to be from Chaffin. When challenged to have Chaffin send that to us directly, he could or would not comply. Obviously, we were not going to take a document from Evans, and report that it was Chaffin's.

Guest IanP

"I did receive a number of emails from MAAM demanding such an agreement; however, I ignored them."A strange comment, considering the headline on the copy of Network News magazine sitting beside me on my desk..."Ignorance of law is no excuse."Briefing Time is part of MAAM. Therefore it is MAAM's right to refuse or allow images of it and its component parts to be used in another person's work. Using images which you have no right to use and then claiming them as your own hand-drawn work? Hmm.Next quote, from Russ Strine's post:"Roy stated that many of the photographs in the beta version of the B-25 were his and can not be used by MAAM-SIM without permission, which they did not have. He said, and I quote, "I personally guarantee that we will not use 'Briefing Time' material.""Now from Roy Chaffin's response:"Before the hounds begin to howl, it is entirely possible that the same reference material was used by both MAAM and RCS for certain elements of the product, but I can assure you we did not use any of Rambow

Update:I am scanning a number of pages of letters Russ sent me.I have to get a package of tapes and CD's to our new MAAM-SIM Sound Designer, Mike Hambly, and the post office closes at noon.My eye appointment is at 12:30, then I am going kayaking with my kids in the only patch of decent weather expected this weekend.I will finish this when I return, so you'll have to be patient a while longer. I'll have it up by tonight, say midnight GMT. That's the best I can promise at the moment. If we get rained out, it will be sooner. (no fair doing rain dances!) ;-)Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Hamblyhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest jaapverduijn

Take it easy; one more day won't kill us. Enjoy the weather and the kayaking!Jaap Verduijn.

"Before the hounds begin to howl, it is entirely possible that the same reference material was used by both MAAM and RCS for certain elements of the product, but I can assure you we did not use any of Rambow

>"Before the hounds begin to howl, it is entirely possible>that the same reference material was used by both MAAM and RCS>for certain elements of the product, but I can assure you we>did not use any of Rambow

To be honest, even after reading everything that has been posted here at AVSIM, I still don't have a clue what the truth of the situation is.....and since I do not have the full facts in front of me, I will refrain from speculation.If Tom Wunder is reading this, can't you tell that I've come a long way with respect to FS arguments ? :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png