Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Statement on Roy Chaffin's website

Guest jaapverduijn

Bill, clicking on the link gives me a "page not found" error. Is there any other way to view the documents?Jaap Verduijn.

Guest jaapverduijn

Bill, a kind soul who downloaded the document before it went off-line, was so helpful as to email it to me. Frankly, I see no indication in the correspondence that Roy Chaffin prohibited MAAM at any time from publishing the stuff; the only thing I see is the exact opposite, namely a letter from Russ Strine (MAAM) to Roy Chaffin in which Chaffin is instructed not to publish the contents. As was so kindly pointed out by a contributor to these forums, I am nothing but a "bush lawyer". Well... neither as a bush lawyer nor as a more or less "normal" person, do I read much in the published documents that would indicate Roy having violated any mutual agreement by publishing his B-25. Nor, to be fair, do I read much in the documents that would indicate MAAM having violated any mutual agreement by publishing Briefing Time. But then again, that wasn't the contention.What I see is a storm in a glass of water.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Matt Johnson

>People of good conscience don't make accusations, particularly>about piracy and copyright violation except by appeal to legal>counsel and enforcing same. If MAAM can't put up then they>should shut up.RCS Statement: "After Rambow left the RCS Panels team, all his graphics were removed from the RCS database. Our new graphics expert, Steve Wayne did not use Rambow

Yeah, it amazes me how some folks are totally ingnoring that. Okay, this thread is now closed.

Gee Len, you are so much holier than anyone else here aren

Guest jaapverduijn

Well, as for several bitmaps of the MAAM Beta and of the RCS B-25 being the exact same size: OF COURSE they are! It was Roy who wrote the codes, and it was Roy who decided in both cases what size the various bits would be. In case of the MAAM Beta, I am pretty sure specific instructions were given by Roy to Bill and to Steve about the layout of the BMP, like Roy telling Steve the precise locations of various points to ensure they match the code. I have been told that in gauge production the bitmap or picture is a relatively minor part of the creation process, while the designer of the gauges is the person that codes it and holds the source code. I find it hard to see how Roy could steal from himself...Jaap Verduijn.