Sign in to follow this  
byork

Great Avsim Review

I am actually going to buy it by the end of the week. Probably Friday

Purely because of how impressed I am with your customer service, excellent company and delighted to support it.

Looking forward to giving RAAS a go :lol:

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Hello, not to but in, nor do I have any affiliation with FS2 Crew, but, as a long time user of all their voice products I can tell you that for that extra step into realism you simply must have the RAAS system. It's a fantastic product and highly customizable for individual aircraft. You won't regret the purchase.

This is my second FS2CREW product. Another great cute nice add-on. Adds so much realism and works by itself without any problem.Thanks a lot.

Ferdi

My own personal review of this, after using the version included with the 777, is that it's a product I didn't see a need for nor have any desire for whatsoever until I used it once.  Now it's something I absolutely must have.  It's definitely something that you don't realize how excellent and immersion-enhancing it is until you've tried it.  I'd strongly recommend anyone picking up any of the products that it can be bundled with in a "Captain's Package" get it, or you'll be kicking yourself for not doing so once you've flown the PMDG 777 once.

-stefan

I saw many comments mainly on youtube from people who don't understand the purpose of this system. Of course for VFR flying it's almost useless but if you fly jets, commercial or corporate in really bad weather, there you understand pretty well the purpose of RAAS. When I reflect on my career,I remember taxiing in the fog, on a big airport with our DC8 we would have dream of such a system installed on our plane!

Well done FS2Crew, I love it :wink:

Pat Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Of course for VFR flying it's almost useless but if you fly jets, commercial or corporate in really bad weather, there you understand pretty well the purpose of RAAS. When I reflect on my career,I remember taxiing in the fog, on a big airport with our DC8 we would have dream of such a system installed on our plane!
Well done FS2Crew, I love it

Glad you like it :-)

Actually there have been cases where airlines have landed at the wrong airport even on VFR days.  How you do that in an Airbus with the map in front of you I don't know  :Tounge:

Glad you like it :-)

Actually there have been cases where airlines have landed at the wrong airport even on VFR days.  How you do that in an Airbus with the map in front of you I don't know  :Tounge:

I remember a beautiful day, a CAVOK day, on the flight back with a DC-10, we made a VOR DME at our home plate(On this type of approach you are not always align with the runway) on a runway 07 with a parallel one 08, and we arrived on the parallel runway side. At the decision I was so surprise by their mistake I had just the reflex to show the good runway at my 2 pilots and say"the other one", this day I guess I was a" flight engineer RAAS". I let you imagine how grateful they were. In this job everything is possible, making a mistake can happen so quickly. This job makes you humble  :wink:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I use the RAAS that comes in with the PMDG 777 and have most aural messages de-activated because I noticed stutters right before a message has to be said.

It fails as well, for example here in this video there's an annoying stutter upon touchdown and the voice says "on taxiway, on taxiway", maybe this has to do with VHHX being a "special" airport, because it's closed in reality and so on, but still I disabled most warnings except for the "approaching runway xx" one.

To me it's not an essential product. It's nice if it works correctly and has no performance hit, of course, but far from being something "essential" I absolutely must have installed. The only one that falls in that category is ASN (and utilities such as Ezdok and FSUIPC)

Bryan, thanks for the link to the review, appreciated! :)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I noticed stutters right before a message has to be said.

You might want to try de-fragging your hard drive if it's not an SSD.  And checking your hardware settings.

I watched your video, and you also had a stutter at 21:19.

Cheers,

You might want to try de-fragging your hard drive if it's not an SSD.  And checking your hardware settings.

I watched your video, and you also had a stutter at 21:19.

Cheers,

Thanks for the hint Bryan, I will defrag as you say!

Yes, the stutter at 21:19 is the Middle Marker aural sound. So apparently aural alerts are prone to stutters...

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F