Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

NEW! POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-200ER Merge Packages!

Hello everyone,

As you would know, my mate and I made the POSKY-PSS Boeing 777-200ER merge for Singapore Virtual Airlines which was available for download a while back. The good news was, it was successful & heaps of you enjoyed it (well i hope so) haha! I know that you don't just fly the Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-200ER aircraft either, and that there are other Boeing 777-200ER models too.

Well now the merge has been updated! Not only that, I have made merges for all 3 engine variants! That is, the Pratt And Whitney PW4090, Rolls Royce Trent 892 (how to make a Trent 895 engine variant has been added in the readme) and General Electric GE90-94B. Correct thrust settings and aircraft weights have been applied for each variant. There is also a Shockwave 3D light configuration included for you too install if you like using Shockwave 3D lights on your aircraft.

The latest SkySpirit models have been included in this merge packages and countless other updates such as the latest POSKY Utility etc.

Here is the full list of FEATURES (also included in the README):

• VNAV fixed. Now the aircraft will climb to the desired altitude faster.
  • Fuel consumption matches real world fuel consumption. The fuel consumption is based on flight tests done against the real flight. A 777 Captain sent flight information from the real aircraft from the ground and during flight (fuel quantity, MTOW etc.) and the exact same flight with the exact same weights and fuel was done on flight simulator at the same time and in real time. This was done several times alongside several real world flights (taking off same time as the real one, flying from the same departure airport to the same destination as the real flight).
  • ILS: Localizer interception is much smoother than previous merges.
  • Correct thrust setting in the FDE, according to the thrust the real world engines produce.
  • Remade FDE: air file and aircraft.cfg were remade according to the 777-200ER specifications and performance.
  • Correct takeoff distance.
  • Drag modified so the aircraft doesn’t gain too much speed at idle throttle on descent as before.
  • When the aircraft is light, it will be able to taxi at idle throttle, just like the real world aircraft.
  • Fuel dump effect modified. It is the Project Opensky vortex effect not the PSS green fuel dump effect - a white streak will now flow from each wing when fuel is being dumped.
  • Weights are according to the real world Boeing 777-200ER aircraft.
  • Auto throttle works without a problem.
  • The 777’s flight characteristics match its real world counterpart, the creator has a 777 simulator type rating and so the flight dynamics are as realistic as they can be. His father is a real world 777 Captain. The merge flies very realistically.
  • The latest POSKY utility has been added to the merge (i.e. refuelling trucks, catering trucks and the pushback tug etc.). To view and use it, when flying: press “Alt” then go under “View” then “Instrument Panel” and click “posky util”. The latest animations will be shown.
  • When you load up your aircraft, all the weight will act at the centre of gravity of the aircraft.
  • The aircraft and its performance have been tested against the real aircraft using real flight data. The merge has been made to fit that data and real flight characteristics, and match the real aircraft as close as possible.

This is the newest merge for POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS - PSS Panel and POSKY/SkySpirit Boeiung 777-200ER models, (reference November 2012). Later SkySpirit models can be downloaded and updated by yourself in the future for this merge (if SkySpirit release newer models).

Simple download and fly package.

So here you go! Download and start flying!

Pratt and Whitney PW4090 engine variant: http://www.mediafire.com/?1p7h95n3303xxuc

Rolls Royce Trent 892 (and Trent 895) engine variant: http://www.mediafire.com/?r0s9ynr3xhd1g83

General Electric GE90-94B engine variant: http://www.mediafire.com/?s69zllkfc608mmh

YOU MUST OWN THE PSS 777 PACKAGE TO USE THIS MERGE. ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE MERGE ARE INCLUDED IN THE README's. Thanks to PSS for their panel, and POSKY/SkySpirit for the Boeing 777-200ER models.

I have decided not to upload a Boeing 777-300ER merge because data for fuel burn and flight characteristics etc have not been obtained yet. And flights have not been tested against the real aircraft yet. Once the data has been obtained and an updated FDE etc has been made, a merge MAY be released, not 100% sure at this stage.

• Upvote 4

+1 for feedback. Before I make the jump and try this (I've spent many hours working on my current -200ER, -200LR, and -300ER setups), I'd love to hear other opinions from taxi out to taxi in.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Just download this package. All you have to do is copy and paste the aircraft into the Flight Simulator 9 > Aircraft folder. The Effects given in this package are just the POSKY ones, which you will already have installed on your FS i hope. You can delete it afterwards if you don't like it ^_^

Hi Guys

Just did a test flight with the GE model, but during the climb and at cruiselevel (FL350) the plane is bouncing up and down like hell. Passengers were getting very sick in the back. I was flying in LNAV and VNAV. I also tried to use manual climb (800ft/m) but no change, still bouncing.

Any solution????

Kind regards

Mark

Oh wow. That should not happen. Has someone else had the same problem? If someone else also does, then we'll try sort something out.

Try a reinstall of the aircraft. Are you flying it correctly with the waypoints etc all having an altitude assigned in the FMC, and also make sure your autothrottle isn't on TOGA mode, which is a mistake i have made, (keeps it on full power until you correct it, and let VNAV fly it).

Hello!, thank you for the merge!!, is fantastic!, i have a question, I fly with 777-200ER PW, but in the FMC, the type of aircraft displays "777-300ER", i have to change in the aircraft.cfg file the name of the aircraft for LR-ER?. Me too have the problem when the plane is bouncing up and down, my flight level was FL400, the problem starts at FL385, only the last part of climb, when the plane reaches FL400 all is OK again. AP is conected with LNAV and VNAV. Descend and aproach all ok. Autoland OK.

Configuration for the flight:

RJTT - RJOA, alt crz: FL400

ZFW = 392.592 lbs

Fuel = 41.400 lbs

Thank you again!

You can't change the model that shows up in the FMC. This is PSS gauge related. Sorry about that. Maybe the bouncing is caused by the airspeed or winds. Will ask my mate about the bouncing. Hasn't occured to me. And I've used all 3 engine variants...

Hey everyone.

Ok regarding the bouncing up and down, i myself don't get it. But i talked to the creator yesterday. It seems that it has something to do with the drag values in the air file. I guess you could edit it and bring it back to the old PSS values, this may fix it. Or play around with the drag in the air file to try minimize the effect.

Regards,

Nandan.

For those who have bouncing, how is the aircraft loaded as to fuel, passengers and cargo? What is the gross weight when this issue arises?

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Or play around with the drag in the air file to try minimize the effect.

Dangerous if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Strongly recommend novice users not try this.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM