Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

NEW! POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-200ER Merge Packages!

Hi Nandan,

Thanks again for all the hard work - I'll try to get some time with it this weekend...

:)

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks again for all the hard work - I'll try to get some time with it this weekend...

:)

Regards,

Scott

Cheers Scott! The air file and aircraft.cfg was actually the work of a mate haha. I merely put the package together :smile: .

By the way everyone, reducing the pitch and roll MOI values by 7.5 million worked really well for me! Flies even more smoothly now, and i didnt even have a roll or pitch problem to begin with! I guess, ill be keeping and using this setup from now on :lol:

Be sure to try it out!!! :biggrin:

Nandan

• Upvote 1

Hello T7 Fans!

I think I have the solution for the problems you discribe here:

1. For those of you with the bouncing (nose up / down during Climb/Cruise/Descend) edit your aircraft.cfg as below:

[flight_tuning]
    elevator_trim_effectiveness=0.5

2. To show the according Model in the PSS FMC you have also to change your aircraft.cfg as below:

For the 200/ER Model: title=PSS Boeing 777-200LR - .....

Put this in the Title line of your [fltsim.xx] after the - you can write what you want such as the operater or else.
    The PSS FMC will now operate with the Data of the 200LR form PSS
    PSS did not make a 777-200/ER so that this is not possible

For the 200LRF Model: title=PSS Boeing 777-200LRF - .....
    Put this in the Title line of your [fltsim.xx] after the - you can write what you want such as the operater or else.

Have fun with the PSS / Skyspirit Merge and enjoy the flights.

Chears,

Markus

If this is the true, final fix, you may just want to repackage and reupload your files as to minimize confusion with the hot fixes above.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi Nandan,

These are great files - thanks for all the hard work... Just a thought - since PSS did such a good job with panels... Did anyone ever consider trying to merge the PSS 757 with the new Sky Spirit 767 ? I'm not even sure it would be an appropriate match but I thought the 757 and 767 use the same panel... And the 767 is also worthy of a decent panel to fly it...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If this is the true, final fix, you may just want to repackage and reupload your files as to minimize confusion with the hot fixes above.

Yup, i guess i will have to. But not now. I am slightly busy. Will have it uploaded next month sometime hopefully. For now, just reduce both the MOI pitch and roll values by 7.5million in my package when you install it. Should only take 1 min. That is the only fix that needs to be done i believe.

Did anyone ever consider trying to merge the PSS 757 with the new Sky Spirit 767 ?

Ummm no sorry . But Level D do have a great 767! And i once used a merge from avsim or flightsim.com where it used the Level D 767 panel with the POSKY 767 model if i remember correctly haha.

Cheers,

Nandan

I've done two flights now, with the changed MOI values, and it flies perfectly. Thanks so much. Any progress with regards to the data on the 200LR/300/300ER?

I have been looking for the PSS 777-200 for FSX. I have the package for FS9. Where can I purchase it so I can use your panels.

Thank you,

Carlton

I have been looking for the PSS 777-200 for FSX. I have the package for FS9. Where can I purchase it so I can use your panels.

Thank you,

Carlton

Hi, Carl27,

Sorry, but there is no PSS 777 for FSX and the FS9 PSS panel does not work in FSX, primarily due to autothrottle issues with their panel. Nandan/Boeingsta produced some very good FDEs (Aircraft.cfg+ .air file) that work well when merging Opensky/Skyspirit 777 models with the FS9 PSS 777 panel. This is all for FS9. He did not produce a new panel.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks for this great merge! I recently purchased the PSS777 and was disappointed with the model and a/p behaviour. After using this merge everything is working great! I also lowered the MOI values as described above. Changing the elevator_trim_effectiveness=3.0 to elevator_trim_effectiveness=0.5 caused bumping again, so I am not using this one.

I have some questions left though:

1. The merges are for the 777-200ER model; if I want to add a livery for the LR model, which merge do I have to use?

2. I noticed at night that when the wing lights are on, the engines are lit. However, when turning on the strobe lights, the wing light effect on the engines start flickering. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

3. I noticed that the payload is set to 0. Does that mean the aircraft is empty, or is a payload added to the weight of the aircraft? And which value has to be added in the CDU in the CG (Center of Gravity)?

4. Is it an option to include sideviews in the future?

Did some more test flights:

1. As I understand this maybe will come in an updated merge package

2. This does not occur anymore (maybe because I updated the model)

3. ?

4. I have done it myself already

Only issue is that when using time acceleration the a/p responses very slow on turns. Is this also something that can be adjusted?

3. I noticed that the payload is set to 0. Does that mean the aircraft is empty, or is a payload added to the weight of the aircraft? And which value has to be added in the CDU in the CG (Center of Gravity)?

Hi, Edemeijer,

Nandan set the payload to zero. You can change the load each time you fly in the Aircraft>Fuel and payload tab of FS9.

You can also give your aircraft a full pax & cargo load by changing the "station_load" settings. The settings are found in the aircraft.cfg file under [Weight_and_Balance]. You probably will want to back up this file before modifying it.

You can replace his entry, which is "station_load.0= "0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, Payload"", with the following.

These are "Station_Load" entries that should give you a pretty full pax and cargo load. They are from the Opensky Aircraft.cfg file Service Pack G.

//-------------Beginning of section to copy-----

// Actual Total PAX - 52,500 lbs

station_load.0= "4200, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1st Class - 24 pax" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) "4200, 65.0, 0.0, 0.0,

station_load.1= "9450, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, Bus Class - 54 pax" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) "9450, 20.0, 0.0, 0.0,

station_load.2="38850, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, Econ Class-222 pax" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

// Total Opensky Cargo - 23,500 lbs

station_load.3 = "11250, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, Lwr Dk Cgo Fwd" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) "11250, 45.0, 0.0, 0.0,

station_load.4 = "11250, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, Lwr Dk Cgo Aft" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) "11250,-50.0, 0.0, 0.0,

station_load.5 = "1000, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, Lwr Dk Cgo Bulk" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) "1000, -70.0, 0.0, 0.0,

//-------------End of section to copy----------

Also, be sure that the entry "Max_number_of_stations=" is set to at least 6.

There are various spread sheets around for figuring out the CG, but I usually just leave it blank and guestimate the up elevator trim - @ 6 for a low-fuel takeoff, @ 8 for a full fuel takeoff.

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Sorry to detract from the main theme of this topic but I am having an issue with the lights on this update. Trying to convert my old POSKY model/paints to the new skyspirirt model(s) I dont get any strobes or nav lights and my beacons dont show the reflection on the ground. I downloaded a paint from AVSIM last night that came fully equipped with the new model and saw the new lights, etc. Without writing a novel here I will just ask how to convert older planes to the new model. I was able to get the new model to work with my older POSKY ones and it merged with the PSS panel but my lights are the only issue..... Any advice?

Hi, Comicpilot,

I'm not sure why you are having this problem. In the Aircraft.cfg file, what does the [lights] section look like? Does the [lights] section in the complete Skyspirit version you downloaded look the same as the one in the Skyspirit-PSS version? There are quite a few different versions of the POSKY Aircraft.cfg file around, but in looking at an older POSKY one I use and the newer Skyspirit one, the [lights] sections look the same.

I have had a different problem: textures made for older POSKY models don't work properly with the newer SkySpirit models due to the cabin lights feature built into the newer ones. But this is different from what you are describing. Does turning on or off the cabin lights in the newer model affect the lights problems you are having?

Hope this is of some help.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2