Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

NEW! POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-200ER Merge Packages!

Sorry, guys, I am out of ideas, other than that you both check your aircraft.cfg files very carefully regarding all the weights, MOIs-- make sure you have the right number of zeroes, nothing is commented out with "//" that shouldn't be, etc.

I have also had good luck with Opensky FDEs in PSS merges, but you must use a modified air file or the autothrottle won't work. Service Pack G works well, and can be found in the Avsim file library, but not on any of the other Opensky/Skyspirit web sites.  However it involves some putting together of different text files, but the instructions are pretty clear.  Try using either the air files that came with Nandan's downloads or the original PSS 200LR one.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Mike all for your help.

I deleted the whole PSS stuff a few days ago to be safe isolate the problem. After that I installed PSS again with nothing changed (only AIRAC) and then installed the merge.

I just made 3 testflights (2 quick and 1 real). Till now I had no problems. The quick testflights where done with the higher payload and fuel and my real one today was done with real fuel+payload.

I really enjoy when I depart somewhere. Very smooth and also no rocket climb :)

I guess there was a problem in the main PSS folder maybe from a previous merge or a installation error.

My question now:

• Where can I get a B773 merge (LR/ER doesn't matter) which is similar good to this one :)
  • Is there a possibility to include other views? The left/right view over the wing are nice but not helpful to see the Marshaller sign or see other aircrafts on the taxiway ;)

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Where can I get a B773 merge (LR/ER doesn't matter) which is similar good to this one :)
Is there a possibility to include other views? The left/right view over the wing are nice but not helpful to see the Marshaller sign or see other aircrafts on the taxiway ;)

Hi, Clocki,

Glad it's finally working! 

Regarding merging 300ERs & 200LRs, I recommend that you use the original PSS FDEs.   Use the same panel folder and files you are using for the Opensky and Skyspirit merges you already have (that should keep the opensky/skyspirit animations).  You should swap in the [contact_points] section from whichever opensky or skyspirit aircraft you use and remove the PSS one.  You might also want to swap in the Opensky/Skyspirit [lights] and [flaps.xx] sections.   You have to see which works better. But keep the PSS air file and everything else. 

I don't know how to change the views but you should be able to find that information in the SDK or by looking at the panel or aircraft.cfg file of an aircraft that is working the way you want it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Regarding merging 300ERs & 200LRs, I recommend that you use the original PSS FDEs.   Use the same panel folder and files you are using for the Opensky and Skyspirit merges you already have (that should keep the opensky/skyspirit animations).  You should swap in the [contact_points] section from whichever opensky or skyspirit aircraft you use and remove the PSS one.  You might also want to swap in the Opensky/Skyspirit [lights] and [flaps.xx] sections.   You have to see which works better. But keep the PSS air file and everything else. 

To be honest I'm not happy with the PSS files and the merge. The B772 from this merge is flying much smoother and better.

I just made a flight and the ILS descent was around 1000ft/min on a normal 3,0° slope at a normal airport in Europe. Also at the final it was like the tail gone up and so I flew below the GS.

A modified air file with better flight dynamics like the one here would be perfect. I couldn't find one right now and it seems Nandan is not working on a B773 merge :(

Hi.I have a problem with the autopilot on these merges,even on original PSS,airspeed working ok,heading ok but the v/s is not working,regardless of what I choose the aircraft goes nose down and straight to the ground.After I correct the V/S with the joystick and select again say +1800fpm and reengage the autopilot the aircraft goes -8000fpm(the same goes for VNAV).I don't understand what's wrong.If anyone knows please help me.Thank you.

Hi.I have a problem with the autopilot on these merges,even on original PSS,airspeed working ok,heading ok but the v/s is not working,regardless of what I choose the aircraft goes nose down and straight to the ground.After I correct the V/S with the joystick and select again say +1800fpm and reengage the autopilot the aircraft goes -8000fpm(the same goes for VNAV).I don't understand what's wrong.If anyone knows please help me.Thank you.

This is rather puzzling.  I think it would be better to get the original PSS aircraft to work properly before messing with any merge.  Is this a new install or an old install that just started to act up?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Sorry about that,I found out that the problem with the vertical speed was from FSUIPC,it has an option 'enable v/s sign correction',I disabled it and it's working now.

Sorry about that,I found out that the problem with the vertical speed was from FSUIPC,it has an option 'enable v/s sign correction',I disabled it and it's working now.

Glad it turned out to be an easy fix.  I think that option is for default aircraft where the vertical speed control works backwards.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Can I ask some questions again? :)

• how can I get the wing flex effect? I think it's missing at my flights...just had a quite turbulent arrival into NZAA and no flexing wings. I remember the flexing in the real aircraft :D
  • when taxing on ground and after a long haul flight the aircraft is accelerating on idle thrust. Just had a 60s taxiway straight ahead and got from 10kt to 25kt without doing anything

Hope he is working on a B773 merge ;) Maybe we can push him a but :D

Greetings

how can I get the wing flex effect? I think it's missing at my flights...just had a quite turbulent arrival into NZAA and no flexing wings. I remember the flexing in the real aircraft :D

Hi, Clocki,

There are various entries in the panel file and I believe two folders that contain different gauges for various animations including wing flex.  There are different versions depending upon which model(s) you are using, and different ones skyspirit vs. opensky models.  Do you have these installed?  If you describe which model(s) you are using I should be able to point you to the right files.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the late late laaaate reply!

Don't worry guys, I got good news for you. I have been working on a Boeing 777-300ER merge :biggrin: !!! I've done 1 proper flight with it. Seems good to go, just needs tweaking regarding the fuel_flow_scalar and my mate who did the 200ER merge FDE, hasn't got the fuel burn data from the real world aircraft (well atleast i don't think he has it). Although the fuel flow does seem pretty accurate as of now.

I can upload the existing one. But it's not perfect, it's getting there though. Maybe you guys can change the fuel_flow_scalar by yourselves to get the correct fuel burn? Will start flying it again shortly, and will being doing more flights with it. At this stage though, it's pretty good and flyable.

Once again, I apologize for the late reply! Just letting you know I haven't disappeared from the scene just yet :wink:

Thanks!

Nandan

• Upvote 2

@Mike

I'm using the SkySpirit Model for the ER version. For the LR+LRF I'm using LRF = OS772LRFV2--L . ER Model = SSP772V2_TRENT800

@Nandan

Yeahhhh :)

It's very good to hear you are working on that. I cross my fingers for a similar good merge and hope you'll get all the data you need.

PS: Now we only need a complete new PSS panel :P

@Mike

I'm using the SkySpirit Model for the ER version. For the LR+LRF I'm using LRF = OS772LRFV2--L . ER Model = SSP772V2_TRENT800

Hi, Clocki,

FIRST, back up all the panel files of the aircraft you are planning to modify.

IN ADDITION, you need to create a panel folder that is specific to the Skyspirit 200ER.  You may very well already have one in the aircraft folder for the SkySpirit 200ER RR that you already have.  You also need to create a panel folder for the Opensky 200F that you already have, unless the panel for that aircraft is already in that aircraft's folder.

For the SkySpirit 200ER go to:

http://ssp.cyber-ninja.jp/SSP2012-777V2Update.html

On the right side, under 777-200V2, choose "Panel and Texture Set for 777-200ER/LR"

Note that there is a different package for the 777-200; if I remember correctly, this has to do with different action of the flaperon depending on whether the flaps are deployed, so you only want the package for the 200ER/LR.   Even though the files are different, the file and folder names are usually the same, so you want to be careful that you have a panel folder specifically for the 200ER (will work with all three engine types of the ER and the 200LR).  Likewise, you need a separate panel folder for the OS77F version. 

Now it gets a little tricky.  Do NOT copy the panel file that comes with the downloaded package into your Skyspirit panel folder.  It will overwrite your PSS panel file and you will no longer have a merge.  Instead, copy the subfolders within the Skyspirit panel folder into your new (or possibly existing) separate 200ER panel folder. It should be OK to overwrite everything if it asks (but you should have already backed everything up just in case).  Open the panel.cfg file in the SkySpirit package and the PSS panel file for the SkySpirit 200ER. 

In the Skyspirit panel file you will see two windows, [Window6] called Posky_Debug and [Window7] called Posky_Util.  You will also see further down, in the VC section, a section called [VCockpit03].  You need to copy those entries into your PSS panel.cfg file.  The window numbers may be different, so assign the next numbers to both [Window6], [Window7] and [Vcockpit03] that you have copied from the Skyspirit panel.cfg file.  If the two windows are not already added, you also need to add the window titles to the list at the beginning of the PSS panel.cfg folder.  However It is quite likely that these entries are already there.  If so, make sure that they read exactly like the ones in the Skyspirit panel.cfg file. 

For the Opensky 200F, go to

http://poskyarchive.com/category/boeing/b777-200/

Download the package 777-200ER/LR Animation Control Guard Set Update

From inside it, copy the Posky777 folder into your 200F panel folder.  It's OK to overwrite.  That should do it, as you should already have the entries similar to the ones described above in the SkySpirit instructions. The Posky777 folder contains the wing flex animation gauges.   If not, the complete panel files for the 200F are in the model package, which for you should be further down on the page under SP2A, called F_Large_Cargo_Door.  The installation instructions are the same as for the SkySpirit above.  But install the Posky777 folder that came with the Animation Control Update AFTER you install the complete panel, as the update is newer.

Hope this helps.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2