Sign in to follow this  
iEscape

Looking for something to hold me over....

Well while i'm waiting for the PMDG 777, I'm looking to purchase something else to hold me over for the time being. The two products I was looking at are.

PMDG MD-11

or

Captain Sim 777

Was just curious to hear opinions, Pros and Cons etc.

Thanks ^_~

Patience will pay off - if you got the money, don't see why you can't get the MD-11. Not going to bother going into the Captain Sim.

I would stick with pmdg.

That is putting it kindly.

Patience will pay off if you can wait

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

MD-11 all the way. The system (air, electrical, fuel, and hydraulic) programming is either automated or can be controlled. She will keep you occupied for a 10+ hour flight. If you aren't careful with the temperature, the engine(s) will fail if you don't get to a warmer altitude. There is also the possiblity of several failures. Fail all three hydraulic systems, fires, all generators out, and so many others.

With the other 777, I agree with Alex.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

You should patiently for the 777.

I myself am facing this problem. I only have the 747 and 737 and and am tired of flying them everyday.

Lets wait together!

At v0.9 the CS 777 has a very large 10% leap to make for the add-on to perform close to reality. I bought but now I am remaining patient .. although I suspect we are looking at another year.

Well while i'm waiting for the PMDG 777, I'm looking to purchase something else to hold me over for the time being. The two products I was looking at are.

PMDG MD-11

or

Captain Sim 777

Thanks ^_~

I have greatly enjoyed the MD-11 and it being a PMDG product, I can be assured of quality, yes I'm a PMDG snob. I will use that for my long hausl untill some fine day the 777 comes out.

If you've got the money PMDG MD-11 is great fun and as has been said a million times quite different than anything else. Also, you're supporting PMDG which helps bring us more great add one in the future.

in the same boat thought i might buy the FCOM's for myself for xmas. Why not!

PMDG MD-11

or

Captain Sim 777

Thanks ^_~

I'd say go for the product that you will still want to use after buying the 777. When the PMDG T7 comes out do, would you rather have two T7s in your hanger, or both a T7 and an MD11, so you can vary your flying?

PMDG MD-11

or

Captain Sim 777

PMDG MD-11

It's very different from a Boeing aircraft (FMS etc is very different) and is Very Very good. Highly detailed systems etc. I like it better than the PMDG 747.

KLM still fly them in Passenger config IRL, and with NL2000 & Aerosoft EHAM you have yourself a very nice hub. Once you get your 777 you can put the MD11 into Freighter work.

you can put the MD11 into Freighter work

The MD-11 also fits the roles of the 767 and A330 (until we get modern/accurate versions of the two), so you don't exactly have to put the passenger version out to pasteur yet.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg