Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Most boring Long Haul in FSX?

Interested in what are your most boring long haul flights? Of course they can all get boring from time to time, especially on a flight simulator!

Mine has to be from the UK to Florida/Caribbean - just nothing but the ocean; with my FSX settings, not a very pretty one! :LMAO:

I think a flight from Los Angeles to Sidney must be even worse. Nothing but water and very little traffic passing by.......

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Mine has to be from the UK to Florida/Caribbean

Might I ask why you fly it then...? Just curious. (I think all long hauls are boring btw so I never fly them.)

I was going to ask the same thing! I only fly what I enjoy. My 777 will get a ton of flights from SFO to LAS. And quite a few Hawaii to Alaska flights as well.

I find long haul flight fun. Mainly because I fly over night so I sleep while the autopilot is doing all the work. I usually fly london - boston, london - hong kong, london - seoul, london - sint maarten and when I get my hand over the 777 I will probably fly london - sydney/new zealand.

Gota say Heathrow to Johannasburg, all that Africa and just yellow surfaces.

Then I recommend you to keep an eye on this site: http://www.fsaltitude.com/

Within some time they are going to release new product which will cover North Africa... Since I got all FSAltitude products made so far my FSX tubeliner flights have never been as boring again as finally there's some non repetitive real scenery around to look at.

And yeah, I find any longhaul that flies most of the time outside areas covered with FSAltitude more or less boring if I have to be on my computer while its flying, though nowadays I just let autopilot to handle my flights while sleeping.

None!

"Long hauls" for me, are "boredom personified"! ^_^

Are you serious my friend from Norway?

You set up a long haul flight, slap on the autopilot then go to bed and wake up to land??!!

Wow! That's serious dedication!!

The only long haul I've done is autopiloted flights from Tokyo to London to check the stability of the sim (OOM errors). The only place I want to be on a long haul flight is in a business or first class seat drinking champagne...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Might I ask why you fly it then...? Just curious. (I think all long hauls are boring btw so I never fly them.)

I only did it once, I.e. how I found out it was painfully boring :P

I like long haul! I recently reinstalled the MD11 after many months away from it. Got the KLM and did Dubai-AMS, SIN-AMS then AMS-JFK..

All good times to go to bed, then wake up and land (or land short cause you only have 3% fuel as the plane did some funny things when your sleeping lol)

2 points

1 This is exactly what time acceleration is for

2 This is why i support devs like captain sim that put in cabin views etc, so you have something to play with during cruise. All that PMDG cockpit only is a waste, gets boring long haul with cockpit only view. So using PMDG for longhaul always max out the time acceleration.

The cabin view in CS767/757 etc and wilco products is great, and why i can overlook certain techical issues with both devs.Being able to see the flight from various perspectives in the plane helps to keep cruise intresting.

And if bad weather shows up ahead, then you have other issues to deal with. But really time acceleration is the only solution.

None!

"Long hauls" for me, are "boredom personified"! ^_^

I couldn't agree more!

I once did a flight from EGLL to VHHX in the 767, but that's my only experience with long hauls. I didn't enjoy it at all, so I decided not to fly that long a route. The longest flights I do, are some 2 hours in the MD-11, and that's on very rare occasions only. I'd rather do 2 or 3 short fligths, than one long, because just watching the AP fly the aircraft is boring. The interesting part IMHO is the approach and landing, and thus I try to get as many as possible in as little time as possible!

Flo

Well, since this thread seems to become about long haul-bashing ;).

Just to let another sound be heared.

I love long haul. Just so much more planning up front and while flying is going on.

Especially when there's an event like Cross the Pond on VATSIM.

I can understand being bored throughout the long cruise for some, but the anticipation of replicating a flight from one side of the world to another is great. Most enjoyed when local ATC is online!

Besides the PMDG777, I'm really looking forward towards the release of the new project of the TOPCATSIM-developer. That should make things much more enjoyable (read: in a planned manner) in the future.