Sign in to follow this  
lizzard

Missing headingindicator

Hello fellows!

By some strange reason there´s no heading indication at the top of the navigationdisplay. Is it possible that I´ve removed it my self by accident?? or is there a problem with my setup?

Best reagrds

jeppe

hello again!

Well this is the way it apears for me. In the redmarked position there should be figure that equals my present heading. But by som reason it´s missing.

Navdisp.jpg

Hopefully my attempt to include the picture from photobucket was succsessful

jeppe

Make sure your DPI settings in windows is set to 100% and not any larger. Right click on the desktop, select personalize. On the lower left there will be a clickable text saying display. You should see three radio buttons. Make sure the one that says 100% is selected.

You've changed the MD11 display options. You need to go back to the PMDG menu and select the precision display (I think that's what it's called).

Paul

Sheepfu! I checked the settings in Windows as You said, and they are at 100%. So that will not cause my missing indication.

Regarding the recommendation from You, Chec_Airman I guess You mean the settings from within FSX addons/PMDG menubar that pops up when hitting alt tab. I really don´t se where I can change any display options. Can You please guide me a little bit more??

Jeppe

Hi,

The style of the indicators doesn't cause it to vanish like that. Makes me think a font is missing. Doesn't explain the lack of the box around the heading though. TAS is also missing (the title is there, but the display is not).

Hmm - if you look below the altimeter tape there is a problem with the display there, too.

Is this FSX?

Best regards,

Robin.

Robin!

Yes this is FSX with SP2 but without the acceleration expansionpack. No other addons but PMDG and CaptainSim. My system is not brand new; Windows 7home premium servicepack 1 64bit. Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.4Ghz. RAM 3,00GB

The reason TAS´s missing might be because the screenshot is when on ground. at flight I have indication for TAS below GS. What problems do You notice below the altimetertape?

Jeppe

Maybe it is because the IRS are not aligned yet ?

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

PMDG Optins Menu > Airline Options-Displays > Altitude, Speed and heading Indicator bugs.

stefltt, his IRS is aligned.

Paul

Hello Paul!

This is my settings in the PMDG option menu

Airlineoption.jpg

I can´t se that there should be any problems in here.

An other issue, maybe not relevant to actual problem is thath when entering any flight with PMDG MD-11 there´s a phase of "initialisation" of 18-20 secconds when I have a flickering image that finaly settle to a stable image after 10 seconds of initialisation.

Maybe my it´s all a graphiccard problem(??) (Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 512MB DDR2) It performs well in most situations as a general, but ofcourse it could be close to a low limit.

Jeppe

I'd be surprised if it was your card - all other elements look fine.

What about in the 2D panel (press F10)? Is everything OK there?

Best regards,

Robin.

Hi,

The flickering during initalisation is quiet normal, it happens on my rig too.

Airlineoption.jpg

Change the "Altitude, speed and heading indicators/bug" from Line/Triangle to Precision/Bowtie. This should fix your problem.

John

Lizzard,

I don't know how to make this any more simple. there is nothing wrong with your IRS, graphics card, or anything else.

In the menu that you took a picture of, you need to change the option from line/triangle to precision/bowtie.

Paul.

Hello again!

How simpel can it be!? I´m blushing! :blush: and really didn´t thougt it could be that simple. Thank You all for being helpful. But what airline could be pleased with not knowing the actual heading i.e for whom is the setting "line/triangle??

Jeppe