Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndyCYXU

just to brag

what better forum then here to brag and show off your cockpit :-)

took 4 weekends with help from my friend (he is very good with the saw) but its finally ready to take it out for a short test flight, still there is a lot work yet left to do, all the hard stuff leds/making buttons/hooking up gauges etc... and the rest of the cockpit like fmc/light panel/center console.... throttle quadrant ... that one is gonna hurt the walet ... but since its in the center... it has to be a Center Piece! :-)

isn't that a cool hobby or what

Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice, I have a base, but haven't figured out how to attach the MCP piece. It looks like your sides are like a T shape with it jutting towards you, which the MCP top shelf, if you will rests on?

Nice, I have a base, but haven't figured out how to attach the MCP piece. It looks like your sides are like a T shape with it jutting towards you, which the MCP top shelf, if you will rests on?

uhm... i'm not sure what you asking... i will make a picture to show you how the MCP shelf (glear shield) top panel is affached to base... besically the base of the mcp shelf is more like a trapezoid shaped mdf board and its attached to the 2 verticl boards behind the center panel piece... then there are extra support pieces also behind that add support and prevent it all from sugging... end resoult the top is very strong and it will not brake if you put something on it... well its not meant to put stuff on it lol but i'm sure it can handle good 15lbs and not brake .. it comes out 32cm as per dimension of the real thing... anyways later tonight i will make a picture so you can see how its connected hopefully will help you with your project...

Andy