I cannot play fsx with max setting with any addon aircraft and get more then 20 fps any help?

I dont know if fsx is using all cores or all of my memory either

specs:

Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

System Model

Install Language: English (United States)

System Locale: English (United States)

HP-Pavilion NY810AAR-ABA e9150t

Installed: 3/31/2010 4:02:25 PM

System Serial Number: MXY93401MQ

Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a

2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (4 total

Hyper-threaded (8 total)

Main Circuit Board b

Board: PEGATRON CORPORATION TRUCKEE 1.04E01

Serial Number: 102416800000562

Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 5.24 10/29/2009

Drives

Capacity

133.13 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

640.13 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS70 [Optical drive]

TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653R [Optical drive}

Generic- Compact Flash USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1

Generic- MS/MS-Pro USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4

Generic- SD/MMC USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3

Generic- SM/xD-Picture USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2

HTC Android Phone USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 5

SAMSUNG HD642JJ [Hard drive] (640.13 GB) -- drive 0, s/n S1GWJ9AS604687, rev 1AA01117, SMART Status: Healthy

Memory Modules c,d

12280 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB

Slot 'DIMM1' has 2048 MB

Slot 'DIMM2' has 2048 MB

Slot 'DIMM3' has 2048 MB

Slot 'DIMM4' has 2048 MB

Slot 'DIMM5' has 2048 MB

Local Drive Volumes c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 624.36 GB 130.96 GB free d: (NTFS on drive 0) 15.78 GB 2.18 GB free

* Operating System is installed on c

: i Display

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series [Display adapter] Powercolor Radeon 6870 1GB VRam

Acer A221HQV [Monitor] (21.7"vis, s/n ETLQ40W00113803D1B4320, September 2011)

HP L1506 [Monitor] (14.6"vis, s/n CNC614P4HN, April 2006)

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Microsoft Flight Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Well, either upgrade your computer or try reduce your settings a bit, I have a system with I7 2600k running at 4.4ghz, 8GB of RAM and Radeon 6990, and I still can't run every setting max and still get good FPS with complex addon aircraft and scenery, have to reduce some settings such as road traffic and boats which I have set to 0 and autogen set to normal or something.

Also FSX really can't take advantage of a multicore processor as well as many never programs can & it's a 32bit program which means it won't be able to use all your memory.

Also you could try tweaking your fsx.cfg if you haven't done that already, for start try this automatic tweaker tool:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

I just tried to use the utility and it said "

Your request could NOT be processed.

Reason: This is an FSX only tool. The file you sent is NOT recognized as a valid fsx.cfg file."

Well did you send it your FSX.cfg from Microsoft\FSX in your Appdata\Roaming folder?

On a side note, you seriously want to get as much off that hard drive as possible...

With a hard drive that full, your windows swap file is having to work a lot harder as I can imagine how fragmented your drive must be.

• You would be very wise to increase the cooling dramatically..
  • Make sure everything inside is clean.
  • Read over Word Not Allowed guide several times and apply it to your setup.
  • Avoid running anything heavy like PMDG aircraft if you want smooth flying, or turn everything down to minimum...

Your systemboard wont let you over-clock that CPU either, which is a shame...

FSX is CPU crazy, thats its number 1 food, so anything you can do to improve that, the better, and improve FSX by reading over Kostas guide several times will help :-)

The closer you get your CPU to 4GHz, the smoother FSX becomes. Since this is an HP computer, I'll wager that overclocking the CPU is not possible.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Also any know a rough Specs to run fsx maxed out with addon scenery, hd aircraft ect. like Q-core, what mhz core clock, a series of graphics card, mobo, stuff like that?

Also any know a rough Specs to run fsx maxed out with addon scenery, hd aircraft ect. like Q-core, what mhz core clock, a series of graphics card, mobo, stuff like that?

You didn't read Kostas guide did you....?