Sign in to follow this  
Earl

This has happened to my Scenery Library

Hi all.

As in the tittle the screen shot shows what has happened to my Scenery Library.

I was installing some Misty Moorings scenery and then for some reason all the tittles disappeared! Everything is still insatalled but I just can't tell where it all is without clicking on it, which is getting a bit of a pain. The only way I can seem to return the names is to uninstall and then re-install. Any ideas please?

scenerylibrary.jpg

I was installing some Misty Moorings scenery and then for some reason all the tittles disappeared! Everything is still insatalled but I just can't tell where it all is without clicking on it, which is getting a bit of a pain. The only way I can seem to return the names is to uninstall and then re-install. Any ideas please?

My guess is that the entry added to your SCENERY.CFG file by that last scenery install has generated some error in one of its parameters -- perhaps a corrupted name which causes the display to go wrong. Find the current SCENERY.CFG file (in your ProgramData \ Microsoft \ FSX folder) and load it into a normal text editor such as Notepad. Look at the last few entries. The FS scenery list displayed actually starts from the last added which is at the end of the file by default.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Do you think deleting the Scenery.cfg and let it rebuild might help?

It won't get rebuild, Earl. :unsure: Is there any backup, perhaps an automated one, that you can use? Maybe the file is still ok but, as Pete said, 'only' some parameters are out of shape. Can you post an excerpt? The one from the text editor Pete mentioned.

There's some freeware which checks the status of the entries. If you backup your current scenery.cfg (yes, the broken one), you can play around a bit and see if it helps. http://forum.avsim.n...or/page__st__75

But don't expect much. It may indeed only warn you that there's something wrong.

Keep us posted.

I was installing some Misty Moorings scenery and then for some reason all the tittles disappeared!

Which one? Was it an auto installer with a tool to edit the scenery.cfg or just one zip file where you manually had to edit everything?

Hello:

I have seen this when a FS user dragged and dropped his \Addon Scenery (and/or the nested Addon Scenery\Scenery folder & Addon Scenery\Texture sub-folders) outside of the FS folder chain (ex: when a scenery project put its BGLs into the folder by default, and the user wanted to put the BGLs elsewhere).

This left FS without an \Addon Scenery sub-folder (and possibly also without the nested Addon Scenery\Scenery & Addon Scenery\Texture sub-folders). :Nerd:

FS MUST have an intact default \Addon Scenery sub-folder chain at all times... even if they are "empty" ! :excl:

Try adding these default folders back to the FS configuration before re-starting FS, and see if it fixes the problem (before concluding that the Scenery index system is broken and FS needs to be re-installed). :wink:

Hope this helps. :smile:

GaryGB

Hi Guys

I had the same problem with no Titles in the FSX Scenery Library window.

The problem arose one of the times when I tried to add scenery via the FSX Scenery Library window where you have to click in the middle of the window because of the FSX bug.

After this operation all of the "TITLE=" lines had gone from the scenery.cfg.

I managed to find a backup FSX scenery.cfg file and updated it so problem solved.

I have 170 areas in current scenery.cfg file.

When I added scenery via the FSX Scenery Library window, I saw the scenery titles were blank but I still clicked on 'OK' button and that is when the problem started as this seems to have deleted all the "TITLE=" lines.

What I should have done was click on the 'CANCEL' button and try adding the scenery again.

Regards,

ceebee321

ceebee123