Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

TrackClipPro, FS2Cew and VATSIM

Right so I bought Track Clip Pro because I can't stand wearing the hat anymore, I attached it to my Headphones and it works, feels and looks great. Now, instead of wearing a Hat I have to wear headphones, which is ok since I pretty much only fly the NGX on VATSIM. My question is, would there be a way so that I can rig my computer to play the FSX sounds out of my speakers but have VATSIM and FS2Crew voices come out of my headhpones, I mean thats how it's done in real life..sorta, but I think it would be cool because that way I could indepedntly raise and lower the volumes of each as I see fit.

I don't have a sound card but I have an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe board and it has a bunch of Audio jacks on the back. If I cannot do this, can somebody sugest a Sound Card that would work in this board, something at a decent price? Your replies are always greatly appreciated and I'm sorry Mods if this needs to go into the Hardware Forum but it's kind of a Hardware/Software issue.

Cheers Fellas

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm running a setup like this, Ron. But the headset is connected to an USB soundcard. FS2Crew and the Vatsim client allow for picking that one while FSX then runs on the 'main' one, which, in your case, would be your mainboard device.

Windows also differentiates between a default communications device and a default device, being the main sound card. By this, you can assign e.g. voice recognition tasks to the com thingy and music and generic game sounds stay on the main one.

The USB installation was pretty hassle-free. Just connect it and Windows loads the drivers and it's running. Then it shows up in the volume mixer and allows for the mentioned setup. In Windows, I have all voice in/out mapped to the USB soundcard.

FS2Crew and Vatsim have their own dialogues. Their config screen then shows two sound devices and their names.

Ok, cool so youre saying I need an external sound card that connect's to my PC via USB?

CoolP Im from Canada, so I usually shop at TigerDirect.ca, check this out tell me if this would work. Im running Win7 X64 by the way.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4115644&Sku=M501-4008

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yes. Some headsets come with that or you get a cheap (it's just voice stuff, eh?) stick. Mine was well below 10 bucks.

The thinking is that those two devices then allow to assign tasks to each one of them. Since the programs you've mentioned allow for that choice, it's actually quite ideal.

But, with that clip, you now look like him, right? :Ohttp://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Locutus_of_Borg :P

Yes. Some headsets come with that or you get a cheap (it's just voice stuff, eh?) stick. Mine was well below 10 bucks.

The thinking is that those two devices then allow to assign tasks to each one of them. Since the programs you've mentioned allow for that choice, it's actually quite ideal.

But, with that clip, you now look like him, right? :Ohttp://en.memory-alp...Locutus_of_Borg :P

ahaha ya, ok so can you check that site and show me what the bare essential is that I need, maybe $22 is to much or overkill? I already have a headset, I dont need a special one right?

Ron Hamilton

You can pick any generic USB soundcard. From your local store or favourite electronics Internet shop. I have this one. http://www.1stincity...pter-cpc477.jpg

The less features it has, the better. So you don't need to look for sound enhancement methods or something. Just a mic and 'speaker' connection on an USB stick. It doesn't even need an extra driver disk. Windows knows those things itself.

Ok man thanks a lot! I really appreicate it!

Ron Hamilton