Sign in to follow this  

Dare I say it...?

I am having fun with the Airbus X again! Yes, that's right: the one from 2010, not the Extended version (which hasn't been released yet). I didn't fly in it anymore after buying the PMDG 737NGX. The latter got shelved too as soon as I learned how things worked: after that it all became too boring for me so I went back to my GA planes. And now, after almost a year or so of only flying GA, I decided to fly an airliner again, also because I recently bought OpusFSX, Orbx England and Latitude: I wanted to check those out from a bit higher altitude.

So I reinstalled the 737NGX. I soon found out that going from cold and dark with a plane like that is too much for me... That's all very nice when you are learning how it works but now I like to be in the air a bit quicker. I noticed I had quite some trouble getting the preferred taxi state loaded (since that state isn't there) and then of course I had to enter the entire flightplan... I wanted to fly with FSX ATC (after reading a topic about ATC and finding out I am all into 'earcandy'...) and that also proved to be problematic with the 737NGX because I had to use all kinds lateral and vertical modes I hadn't used before and well, long story short: it didn't work out too well.

So I reinstalled the Airbus X. Nice, it has a taxi state. Even nicer, you can simply load an FSX flightplan. Even nicer again, it's dead easy to fly with the AP in HDG manual mode while still having vertical mode in managed mode. No need to switch between various other modes: the Airbus simply did what I wanted it to do right from the start. Even nicer again again: autoland worked like a charm the very first time (where in the 737NGX I always have problems getting both AP's on during approach). No problems at all. Only JOY. (A pity though that Latitude didn't like the autoland at all... ^_^ )

In short, dare I say it... sometimes it's AWESOME to NOT trying to be a hardcore simmer but simply enjoy a more basic plane that still feels more advanced then the FSX default ones... (I even doubt if I will get the Advanced version of the Airbus X.) I have a great time flying the Airbus X with default FSX ATC and simple FSX flightplans. Screw complicated addons and utter realism. (For now, at least... ^_^ )

Anyone else here who still flies the Airbus X and is having fun with it?

That's why I love the QW 757. Those nights I just want to get in the air fairly quickly. Great looking and sounding plane with just enough to keep you engaged but not spend a lot of time pre flighting.

Hmmm, you like it fast... she doesn't (the airplane)... the preliminaries are so important!!!! Well, you're both too young ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I love my NGX and MD-11 but sometimes don't have the time to enjoy them fully.

Often it's nice to just fly, that's one of things Flight offered to me also, too bad it shelved. So, question, does the Airbus X have a passenger cabin you can see?

Happy flying

Regards;

Fritz

Jeroen,

The NGX, I few ideas, the NGX becomes totally diffrent with FSCrew and I use the button version I did a step by step flow for the button version and the NGX, it's really is very good and cuts you work load by 70% and is true to real opps.

Also you can get the NGX to a taxi state and save that state yourself and there you go, ready to taxi every time, if you fly the same route after entering them you can save them within the FMS and its saves you entering them every time.

Also Jeroen another idea for you!

I know you like a challenge and something that works just how it should, try the new A2A P-51 Civ, it will really make you see if you have skills and is a master piece of an aircraft, makes flying the RealAir feel so easy it's silly.

The Airbus is nice but even if you just set up the NGX better and use FSCrew and if you want fun look at the failures you can set up, how about a flame out or landing with one engine, the NGX is a class act but you need to make it work for you.

O BTW mate if you want some thing so damm good and could be the fastest plane to go from Cold and dark to take off and is stunning to fly the other one to think about is the Sabra F-86, OMG at the sound of take off. Stunning and so simple. But not simple for the sake of it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

That's why I just fly the POSKY 737 which is a nice upgrade from the default 737. Don't have time for anything more complex.

Check out the Boeing 737-600 & 700 Mega-Package here: http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Boeing+737-600&x=0&y=0

Takes less than a minute to install (drag & drop) and will give instant fun with no need to pre-flight for an hour.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

no need to pre-flight for an hour.

That's an exaggeration From C& D to taxi in the NGX is 20-22 mins. But yes that's 22 min of prep. I can understand why some might not like that but you can start it ready for take of and use it like it's the fsx standard 737 if you like!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

That's an exaggeration From C& D to taxi in the NGX is 20-22 mins.

That's why I normally fly from the "Short" panel state. Not only is more realistic (unless you're simulatng the first flight of the day) but it saves some time too.

That's why I prefer MCE...I dont have to wait for a 22 minute script...if I am in a hurry, I can skip the checklists and only tell my F/O to perform selected procedures and away I go, plus it works with most of my aeroplanes...I recently heard the Coolsky DC9 will be supported...can't wait for that one!

In short, dare I say it... sometimes it's AWESOME to NOT trying to be a hardcore simmer but simply enjoy a more basic plane that still feels more advanced then the FSX default ones... (I even doubt if I will get the Advanced version of the Airbus X.) I have a great time flying the Airbus X with default FSX ATC and simple FSX flightplans. Screw complicated addons and utter realism. (For now, at least... ^_^ )

Anyone else here who still flies the Airbus X and is having fun with it?

Interesting topic...

I purchased the original Airbus X around five months ago and absolutely love it. I never had any of the FWI issues and system crashes that I've read in so many forum postings. The only issue I ever encountered was the lack of throttle movement. However, a five minute forum search found me a complete LUA script file that not only solved my throttle issue, but gave me the ability to control nearly all of the Airbus's sytems through keystrokes and MCP hardware.

I love the way in which I can go from C&D to taxi in < 10minutes - something that I just couldn't do in the NGX. I probably will buy the Airbus X E when it (eventually) gets released (why wouldn't I at only 16 euros for the upgrade), but I sincerely hope that Aerosoft haven't attempted to make the systems too deep as I feel that may be missing the point slightly.

Gary

That's an exaggeration From C& D to taxi in the NGX is 20-22 mins. But yes that's 22 min of prep. I can understand why some might not like that but you can start it ready for take of and use it like it's the fsx standard 737 if you like!

I guess you fly for a low fare airline then... ;)

PS! The original comment was tongue in cheek!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I don't own any payware tubeliner, can't you just hit Ctrl-E and then pushback if you are in a hurry?

Not with a plane that simulates the systems in depth.

Ctrl+E won't work

Lee