Sign in to follow this  
Boris_The_Spider

Undock as a duplicate?

Does anyone here know how to undock a panel, and leave it docked as well?

What I want, is to have the PFD and ND of the NGX in the virtual cockpit on my main big monitors, but also have them duplicated on a second monitor, so that I can see the displays within the VC on the big monitors when I'm in pilots-eye view, but when I'm hand flying and have changed the VC view, for example to do something on the overhead, I want them on the second monitor to glance at.

I am guessing I can duplicate the entries in panel.cfg, giving them a different ident, so that when I open them from the menu the main panel stays docked, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never tried before.

I'll go and experiment anyway, but if anyone can confirm (or deny) my idea that would be helpful.

Ok, that was a quick answering of my own question!

For anyone interested, yes, it works fine. Just create duplicate entries in the panel.cfg, obviously giving them different numbers, and change the idents (I used 10000 and 10001, valid entries for miscellaneous panels are from 10000 to 19999). You can then open them from the views->instruments menu and the VC copies remain docked.

OK, so what's the name of the actual panel in the cfg. 'cos I can't find anything that relates to the PFD or ND?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The captains PFD is "Zoomed Left Outboard DU", and captains ND is "Zoomed Left Inboard DU".

It looks like there is only one gauge (PMDG_737NGX!DU) which an argument (LEFT_OUTBD or LEFT_INBD) is passed to in the panel.cfg

So I added to [Window Titles]

window25=Extra Left Outboard DU

window26=Extra Left Inboard DU

Then further down, at the bottom of panel.cfg, I appended:

//

// Extra Left Outboard DU

//

[Window25]

BACKGROUND_COLOR=30,30,30

size_mm=555, 555

window_size = 0.28906, 0.46250

position=3

visible=0

ident=10000

zorder=95

gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU, -57, -48, 677, 636, 1 LEFT_OUTBD #11 ZOOM

//

// Extra Left Inboard DU

//

[Window26]

BACKGROUND_COLOR=30,30,30

size_mm=555, 555

window_size = 0.28906, 0.46250

position=4

visible=0

ident=10001

zorder=95

gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU, -57, -48, 677, 636, 1 LEFT_INBD #12 ZOOM

Of course the next unused window numbers may not be 25 and 26 for you (I have other stuff that's added windows like voxatc and the AS2012 Xgauge), and they do have to be contiguous with the the existing window numbers if I remember rightly, otherwise they don't show up.

The captains PFD is "Zoomed Left Outboard DU", and captains ND is "Zoomed Left Inboard DU".

Ah thank you. I have a Garmin G530 monitor in my panel and didn't know what I need to put there when I fly the PMDG 737NGX. Now I have the "Extra Left Inboard DU" in there. It looks cool.

Manny :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Nice one Boris, thanks...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776